Horrible last year and ... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Horrible last year and ...

Good post. We can talk all we want about coaches, players, etc, but the bottom line is winning and losing in games. It was quite telling that in spite of inept coaching, numerous turnovers, and a lot of bad luck, we still won 4 games and could have won many more, if things had gone our way. That was without all the improvements this year.

thats the reason i think we are going 10-6 this year...we lost a lot of close games and we had everything go wrong...football is year to year...last year has no bearing on what our record will be this year...

Awsi Dooger said:
We couldn't run, couldn't stop the run, and our starting QB averaged 5.32 yards per attempt with tons of stupid INTs obviously including the TD returns. That pretty much equals 4-12 on merit, not bad luck. The only significant area we were above average was pass defense and now that's iffy.

The NFL is incredibly even in talent level. It takes a uniquely incompetent team, like Arizona in road games in 2003, to get blown out game after game. Virtually any losing team can point to plenty of close losses. We've definitely reversed the trend and are on the talent acquisition upbeat. But not enough to immediately undo the talent disposal of the last few years, IMO.

I have to admit that I couldn't have said it better. Too true. I think that it would be a mistake to get hopes up to an unrealistic level.

I dont wanna relive last year by any means, but I see your point and it's true. Ive thought this many times even during last year: We lost about 8 or 9 of those 12games by less than a touchdown and we were still in those games up until the final few minutes of them. Mainly those turnovers were the killers. We do the same thing in those games only without the 4 turnovers and-WE WIN. That's why I think we're gonna have a "usual" type of Dolphin year, which is 9-7. maybe 8-8 (<<<not so usual). Either way, I don't think it would be such a CRAAAZY surprise if we have a great year because- yes we lost 12 games last year, but the majority of those games could have been won even in the final moments. We're not as bad as it seemed last year.

BillsCA said:
Schedule is much tougher this year, all things being said I think 7-9 this year with next year a playoff push.

And I guess your team will be 10-6 or 11-5???

I like to to optomistic...

...and being close in most games last year is a nice argument to lean on. however, I recall teams playing as though they knew they didn't need a lot of points to beat us and it's possible they could have blown us out and didn't because they didn't have to.

The inability to stop the run was due to the interior linemen situation and remains a question with Timbo and Chester injury situations.

I still think with Bates or any other coaching staff at the helm from training camp on, the talent we had could have won at least 7 games. We were lame largely because of Wanny's poor leadership and Wise's inept line. I expect better this year regardless of talent. A few of those games we lost by the points Feeley (and sometimes Fiedler) gifted the opposition with returned INT's won't happen under Houck tutelage (this is my hope and belief - I know they have yet to prove it on the field)

I'd rather not think we'll be in a position to control the draft with Leinart in our pockets. :)

Back
Top Bottom