Hot off the wire | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hot off the wire

dolphan39

Maria & LauRen Aha!
Reaction score
[intro]Gadsden Injury Update
Updating previous reports, the Miami Herald reports Miami Dolphins WR Oronde Gadsden (wrist) has a ruptured ligament in his left wrist. As reported, he’s contemplating surgery. After getting a second opinion on the injury, Gadsden is trying to decide if he wants to have surgery now and miss the rest of the year or have it at the end of the season. The problem is he’s a free agent after the year ends, so surgery would put him behind the eight ball when the free agent market kicks off. While head coach Dave Wannstedt said he was optimistic Gadsden would play, a source indicated it’s very doubtful he’ll be able to play this weekend.

Ward Expected to Start
The Miami Herald reports Miami Dolphins WR Dedric Ward is expected to start in place of Oronde Gadsden (wrist) this weekend.

McKnight Expected to Start
The Miami Herald reports Miami Dolphins WR James McKnight (back) is expected to start in place of Chris Chambers (concussion) this weekend. McKnight is still bothered by a bruised back but should be able to play.

Connell & Carter Not an Option
The Miami Herald reports the Miami Dolphins are looking to bring in free agent WRs on Friday for a workout. However, they’ve said they’re not interested in WR Albert Connell (Saints) nor WR Cris Carter (Vikings).[/intro]

from http://nfl.kffl.com/news/hotwire/

On Gadson:screw that FA stuff. He'll be a Dolphin until retirement anyways. Just play now and get surgery after the superbowl.

On Carter: good, the least we need now is a me-me person.

On Ward: He'll do fine.

On McKnight: He'll do fine.

the biggest problem I see is McKnight having to play the whole game if he is hurting - he has a hard enough time hangin' on when he is 100%. We need a decent 4th WR - I wonder if T Minor could play a little WR if needed - he's got the wheels...

Originally posted by dolphan39
the biggest problem I see is McKnight having to play the whole game if he is hurting - he has a hard enough time hangin' on when he is 100%. We need a decent 4th WR - I wonder if T Minor could play a little WR if needed - he's got the wheels...

I do agree but I doubt that would be an option. I doubt Minor knows the whole WR playbook. Unless they say: you be our temporary wide receiver for our screens and dump offs (to give McKnight a breather) and this are the 5 plays I want you to remember.

In either case, I doubt it will be that important. The Bills have a weak D in both areas. We will use Ricky a lot and a lot of screens, dump offs and reverses (there is a job for minor).

McKnight will be fine, he is a competitor and wants to be a starter so he is dying for a chance to prove himself. His back might be a little sore but once the Adrenaline starts pumping im sure it won't be a problem. Plus, he's fast... so with his and Ward's speed we should be able to spread the field a bit a keep the secondary playing honest.

Bad news for Bills C

Bills | Teague Dinged - posted at KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
10:01 PT: The Democrat and Chronicle reports Buffalo Bills starting C Trey Teague (ankle) twisted an ankle during practice Wednesday. He may be added to the team's injury list Thursday.

Just what the Bills need, another OL go down against our DL. Keep on twisting them ankles boys......

Back
Top Bottom