Houck and Barron | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Houck and Barron

SkapePhin said:
HAHAHA! Ill definately take that bet.. You think Feeley will drop all the way to 3rd? What if we draft a QB? Will Feeley be cut in favor of Rosenfels?
Yep.

SkapePhin said:
Thats some irrational Feeley hating if I ever saw it!
I'm really not a Feeley hater, but you have to consider his situation right now. Number one, he's learning ANOTHER new offense that his backup knows like the back of his hand, and he's a terrible practice player. Number two, this offense is suited for a big time arm, and Rosenfels has that over Feeley, which I bet is why they re-signed him. Number three, Feeley is too old to develop at this point -- if he sits on the bench this year his window of opportunity as a long-term starter is basically gone.

My friend who is a huge FSU fan said Barron has ALL the tools but, no heart.

shouright said:
I'm really not a Feeley hater, but you have to consider his situation right now. Number one, he's learning ANOTHER new offense that his backup knows like the back of his hand, and he's a terrible practice player. Number two, this offense is suited for a big time arm, and Rosenfels has that over Feeley, which I bet is why they re-signed him. Number three, Feeley is too old to develop at this point -- if he sits on the bench this year his window of opportunity as a long-term starter is basically gone.

I dont know what you were watching last year, but Feeley has just as much an arm as Sage, maybe even moreso..

And Frerotte is 33, if he can be a starter at that age, Im sure Feeley would eventually get another start somewhere if he doesnt work out here.

SkapePhin said:
I dont know what you were watching last year, but Feeley has just as much an arm as Sage, maybe even moreso..

And Frerotte is 33, if he can be a starter at that age, Im sure Feeley would eventually get another start somewhere if he doesnt work out here.

Thanks, I was wondering what he was talking about, AJ has a great arm, he can make all the throws and then some.

I don't like drafting players with questionable work ethics or heart for the game in round one, no matter what god blessed them with physically.

Its not wise, you take those kind of gambles later in the draft.

Alex Barron has to many question marks for me in round one.

Saban will not draft barron because he told damion he would not sign or draft anyone because it was part of his contract

Getumboys said:
Saban will not draft barron because he told damion he would not sign or draft anyone because it was part of his contract

I know it said that in the paper but I don't think that Nick Saban would say that at all. He immediatly signed a RT right after he supposidly told Mcintosh he wouldn't sign any more tackles. Nick will improve the team anyway he can and if he thinks that there is a Better Lt available and we can get him he will.

omg people we ARE NOT taking Alex Barron!! We already promised McIntosh (like a 5 year old) "we promise we wont draft another LT or sign another LT and give u the chance with Vernon Cary for LT...happy now, Mr. McIntosh?" grr that sickens me....id LOVE to get Alex Barron, that'd probably make our passing offensive line A LOT better. But if we draft someone, itll be a Center or Guard.

But i think we should draft another LT to challenge mcintosh maybe he would play a little bit better because if the season where to start now i think he would be the starting LT

ok probably sage has the long arm but feeley has that zip to get it in there.. he has to work on his accuracy and thats about it.. but sage has an edge on the long distance throw imo.. but can he throw it in tight like feely did at seattle over the middle to thompson, or at san fran?? i dont think so

it would be a great idea to draft Barron with our 2nd pick, and get a 2nd rounder and draft David Baas. Can u IMAGINE our O-line in 4-5 years? The best ever!

LT: Alex Barron
LG: Vernon Carey
C: David Baas
RG: Rex Hadnot
RT: Stockar McDougle

4 of the best college o-lineman in 5 years will dominate on the O-line...especially with Houck as coach. But like i said, unless that rumor is FALSE about promising McIntosh not to draft another LT, that O-line scenario wont happen.

also, there is a guy from Auburn i think...he is a RT or LT for Auburn or Oklahoma, i dont remember....but hes like 6'9 and weighs around 320 pounds. No need to draft Barron this year, get a franchise QB and then take that 6'9 guy next year.

Back
Top Bottom