Houck from espn insider | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Houck from espn insider

popularwar said:
How many sacks you think we'll allow?

If we get below 40, that would be a big improvement. A lot of it's on the QB, too. Frankly, I'd be happy if AJ learned that taking a sack is better than an interception. Of course, an incompletion is better than either, but I'm not looking for miracles.

claytonAndDuper said:
Hudson Houck, Miami

Offensive line coach

houck_m-1.gif

Houck

A year ago, Houck was in San Diego, coming off a horrible 2003 season with the Chargers and entering the last year of his contract as part of a lame-duck coaching staff. He then molded a ragtag unit with five new starters  none of them first-round picks  into a cohesive group. A year later, he is in Miami and is one of the highest-paid assistants in the NFL.

Houck is part of the new staff organized by Dolphins head coach Nick Saban, who hired him to turn one of the worst units in the NFL into an effective offensive line. Houck did it in San Diego, and he can do it in Miami.

First and foremost, Houck is a teacher. He has an extensive college coaching background, which is a big factor in his ability to mold young guys. He is a genuinely good guy with a nonconfrontational style and steady personality. His players trust him and believe in him. He will have a lot of work to do in putting together the Dolphins' line, but the five guys he puts on the field won't look like the group from a year ago that gave up 52 sacks. Expect the improvement to be dramatic.

True. And remember the job he did in Dallas too. More proof of his ability.

CrunchTime said:
I thought we would end up spending a goodly amount of our cap money fixing it but instead we have a coach who thinks he can turn our toads into princes.

Or maybe...the talents been here, we just didn't have an NFL level coaching staff to exploit the talent thats here!! Seems to me that was the underlying feeling Houck was trying to convey.

Back
Top Bottom