House Money | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

House Money

The Goat

Escape Goat
Club Member
Reaction score
It's interesting how things have changed so quickly. We've gone from a fan base with great expectations just a few years back to a fan base that's remarkably happy to be where it is.

We're talking playoffs in December just a year after going 1-15. I honestly don't care about the way we've beat bad teams. Bottom line: We won the games we should have won. If anything, we're a couple breaks away from being 9-3...which is just ridiculous to say...but it's true.

Anyway...I work with a wide variety of football fans, including a couple rabid Jets fans. We banter when we can (by the way, one of the best responses to a Jets fan this year is "Yeah, but didn't you guys lose to the Raiders?"), and debate playoff chances. I was in a lengthy discussion about playoff tiebreakers with one of the Jets fans, showing him how we take the division if we win out, and a normally quiet Giants fan chimed in...

"If I were in the AFC, the Dolphins would scare the ever-loving holy #### out of me, because they're playing with house money. They have absolutely nothing to lose."

It's a wonderful phrase. Nobody at all expected us to be in this position, especially in DECEMBER. I'm gonna stop bantering with everyone, because I was hoping for 6 wins this year. For he rest of this year, I'm just gonna sit back and enjoy the ride.

:hi5:

I've been trying to do that as well. There are guys on here who will say we shouldn't be satisfied just becuase we sucked last year. I'm going to be dissapointed if we don't make the playoffs, but after a little while I'm sure I'll be able to look back at the 2008 season and be somewhat pleased. The thing that scares me is many teams like the 2008 fins take a step back the following season before taking a big step forward. Expectations will be high next year, this place will be a zoo if that happens.

Back
Top Bottom