How about Carson Palmer? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How about Carson Palmer?

Migs182005

Finheaven.com Staff Writer
Reaction score
It's probably out of the question, but wouldn't it be nice if the Dolphins trade the Bengals for the #1 pick?

Then we could draft Palmer, and be set at QB.

We could trade all of our picks, but our 2nd one (which will be about 7) plus a couple of players. Derrick Rodgers, James McKnight, Ray Lucas, Degric Ward and some one else.

Plus, we could include next years first or second pick.

It's far fetched, but wouldn't you love to have Palmer?

That would be great. I'd fall off my couch and might not come to untill the fall if that happened

I know it's not even close to being likely, but it's not impossible.

You are saying to pull a New Orleans? Sacrifice a whole draft for one player? Ricky Williams didn't help the Saints overnight, and were probably worse off having sacrificied a lot of young talent for one superstar. The same would apply here, IMO......

That's my point ;)

It's not the same with NO, because noticed I said to keep the 2nd pick and we would probably not give up all the picks, but they are low rounders. The Saints gave up everything in every round.

If you look at the players picked with that pick the Saints didn't come out that bad really.

Mike Peterson and LaVar Arrington are the only guys who are decent and neither is a star. Arrington is very overhyped and most all scouts agree. He can't cover, misses alot of tackles and only really rushes the passer well. Sounds like a decent Derrick Rodgers to me.

Derrick Rodgers couldnt carry Lavar Arrington's jockstrap...
Lavar isnt a probowler yet but with his physical tools he will be...
As for trading all the draft for Palmer i agree with Marion and think its too far fetched...Look at all the QB's left in the playoffs..None were high draft picks except Mcnabb...Most of the good ones are diamonds in the rough a la Warner or even Marino...Remember Dan was like the 3rd QB picked in that draft near the end of the 1st round...
So no way we should trade our whole draft for one guy...And we'd be set at QB ??? When was the last time a rookie QB was given the reins to a SB caliber team...or even playoff caliber team...Don't even give me Brady because he was a 3th rounder...Never! simply because QB is the hardest postion in all of football and even a rookie as good and talented as he is needs a year or two in the system and the NFL before he'S ready (see Pennignton, Vick, all the young ones)

Originally posted by Migs182005
It's probably out of the question, but wouldn't it be nice if the Dolphins trade the Bengals for the #1 pick?

Then we could draft Palmer, and be set at QB.

We could trade all of our picks, but our 2nd one (which will be about 7) plus a couple of players. Derrick Rodgers, James McKnight, Ray Lucas, Degric Ward and some one else.

Plus, we could include next years first or second pick.

It's far fetched, but wouldn't you love to have Palmer?

why trade for unproven talent? for that the DOlphins trade ALL the above plus Madison,Fiedler and Two future first round pick for Vick...

:rolleyes:

I really dont like Palmer, Id rather K.Dorsey or R.Grossman which would probably be more of a reality.

If we want to win now, drafting a QB early would be very ignorant. Drafting OL, LB would be our best choice.

This is a stupid what if if you ask me. I don't even think that highly of Palmer, who before this year did absolutely NOTHING. Plus, There is no way I want the Dolphins to lose another year without a first rounder. This team needs to realize that drafting young talent and developing them constantly to take over where older veterans left off is the key to continued success. Spielman has done wonders with drafting talent in later rounds and having them pay off. I would love to see what he can do with some high draft picks next year for once...

I think everyone's overreacting and is taking this too far. This thread was just a fantasy about how nice it would be to have Palmer. I like him. And I'd be glad if he were our QB.

Not likely. Plus, you know you'd have to include Fiedler in that trade, they sure as hell wouldn't want Lucas!

Back
Top Bottom