How about them Redskins? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How about them Redskins?

Iamlegend

Pro Bowl Cornerback
Reaction score
Im a die hard Dolphins fan, but i like to watch other teams during the offseason like most. i havent heard much about the Redskins but if you think about their team now, Their starting to look like a playoff team. I read somewhere that Mark Brunell was already named the starter and with Clinton Portis and Laverneaus Coles? There looking pretty sharp. Whats your take on the '04 Redskins? Do you think Clinton Portis will be able to put up the numbers he did in Denver? And what about Patrick Ramsey? Wasnt there talk about trading for him? I'd take him over AJ or Jay anyday. Its a shame if hes already lost the starting job to Mark Brunell, Brunell is great but Ramsey is young and could only get better.

well the Skins have our #1 and #2 choices to start at QB in 2004.

Not a fan......there coach has been out of the league a long time, starting QB old (I never wanted him to come to Miami), and there D took a major hit with the Bailey trade, and still have no proven pass rusher. Arrington is way good, but he can't stop teams alone. Better hope they score lots of points.

You can't buy yourself a championship. Dan Snyder fails to know this information every year. I'm sorry Redskin fans out there, Gibbs is not the savior.

The Redskins will get better, but not this year, not with that offensive line, Ramsey got killed back there last season, Mark Brunell hasn't exactly been an iron man the past few years and I doubt that Clinton Portis will put up the same numbers he rang up behind Denver's monsterous offensive line.

IMO the Skins are gonna do really well... But that's cuz I love the Skins... As you can see from my username. I'm not sayin that they're gonna win the Super Bowl this season or anything, but I'm just saying that they will make the Playoffs.
I'm new to this site and I'm a die hard Skins fan, but I won't say anything against the Dolphins.

The skins are atleast playoff contenders. Their line isn't as bad as many people think, before spurrier and his college coaching staff came in the line was a monster and let Stephen Davis rush for 1,400 yards. The line is still pretty much intact and was even upgraded from before and you guys think it's one of the weaknesses? Give me a break, the only reason other teams got sacks on the skins was because of poor schemes and coaching. Now that both of those things are gone I don't see anything getting in the way of this line being extraordinary. Before you bash somebody's line, make sure you look at your own first.

9-7 hoping for a wildcard:D Defense lost one player but made improvments everywhere else not major, but improvments none the less. You guys know Jermaine Hailey he is better than what was starting last year when healthy and they added some other D lineman. (It wont be a strong point by any means but as for corner we lost the best corner in football but gained depth at the postion with Springs,Walt Harris and Ralph Brown and Saftey??? Well you florida boys know all about Sean Taylor:D

Iamlegend said:
And what about Patrick Ramsey? Wasnt there talk about trading for him?
At the beginning of the off season there was ALOT of talk about acquiring Ramsey. However, i've been hearing that Snyder is screwing him over by keeping him and benching him so that he can't go somewhere else and possibly coming back to hurt the Skins (mainly to a division rival I suppose). Instead of releasing him and allowing him to attempt to snag a starting job somewhere else, he's keeping him in limbo. MAJOR screw job IMO. Some may call it smart, but it's somehow not right. :shakeno:

i'm optimistic about AJ Feeley, but i still wouldnt mind seeing ramsey in a dolphins jersey.... I'm going to the skins training camp sometime this week, maybe i can talk him into it lol:roflmao:

Back
Top Bottom