How are other teams rookies doing in preseason? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How are other teams rookies doing in preseason?

Jones looks miles ahead of Trevor Lawrence. Lance and Wilson have made some great throws, but too early to tell. Im thinking one of 5 will be a bust. Just a gut feeling but think Lance will bust.

As for Slim Reaper, he hasn't done much but Hurts and the first team aren't playing much.

Ja'mar Chase looks really bad so far. Watch Bengals last preseason he drops every pass if memory serves. Chase looks scared.

Lawrence is a phenomenal talent but I have questions about his love for the game and dedication to putting in the extra work as I've said before.

Also though its just preseason, I wouldn't make too much of it.

Anyone watching the Lions' games so far? I'm SO glad we didn't pick Penei Sewell. He looks AWFUL. He's like the big fattest kid in PAL that was forced to play against men. It's shocking and embarrassing.

Melvin Ingram has been a great player for a long time, but he was blowing by Sewell like he was standing still. Then he whiffed on a block at the second level.

I noted a time or two in the draft forum that it would be interesting to see how some of the “generational” talents that quit on their teams last year would look as rookies. Several of em aren’t looking very good so far.

I heard several times that Chase was the best WR to come out in a decade. Nonsense. I could literally name 10 in the past decade that were better, and probably another 5 that were at least on par. Somebody even said he tested like Julio Jones after his pro day workout. Despite being 3 inches shorter and 20 pounds lighter than Julio.

Chase’s pro day time of 4.38 was bogus to anyone who had watched his film. Julio ran 4.3 at the combine with a broken bone in his foot.

The reality was that Chase wasn’t even the best receiver on his own team. It was Justin Jefferson. Another reality is that Chase was actually the most questionable “elite” receiver to come out in a decade. Both in terms of his style of play and how he wins, along with only being productive for one season and then bailing.

That’s just not the package you want to unwrap to see what’s in it.

Zaven Collins has the look of a potential DROY candidate in Arizona through 2 preseason games. Extremely physical at the POA. Blowing up fullbacks in the hole and tackling the RB on the same play. Shown ability to carry coverage deep downfield. Diagnosing plays like he’s in the opponent’s huddle.

He looks like the player Rolando McClain was supposed to be.

Zaven Collins has the look of a potential DROY candidate in Arizona through 2 preseason games. Extremely physical at the POA. Blowing up fullbacks in the hole and tackling the RB on the same play. Shown ability to carry coverage deep downfield. Diagnosing plays like he’s in the opponent’s huddle.

He looks like the player Rolando McClain was supposed to be.
I wanted him badly at 18. But, we have Phillips who has the potential to be a great player as well. Only time will tell.

Back
Top Bottom