how are we looking... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

how are we looking...

dw2

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Are we in good position w/ the salary cap?? I keep hearing contradicting facts. ....

Re: how current is this list?

Originally posted by dolfan06
last i heard, the raiders were way over, this shows em under!:goof:

They HAVE to be under now... because the salary cap is now in effect, and if they weren't in compliance they would be sunject to fines and possible loss of draft picks. They were WAY over heading into the offseason... but they had to make their adjustments by now to fit under.

dolfan06 Everyteam has to b e under the salary cap by now. You might be confusing the articles talking about Oakland 50 million dollar projected figure over the Cap for next year salaries and that figure is grossly overexaggerrate as it evolves alot of inflated salary numbers that the player never was going to see. I saw an article that the Raiders didn't even put in Steve Wisniewski and William Thomas retirement papers just yet. That a big chunk of change they will be saving but that money goes for the draft choices they drafted. Everyone team need a certain amount to sign their draft choices and that amount has to be accounted before you see how much you really have left to pick up a Fa that could help you next year.

Last edited by a moderator:
i knew the projected figure was high

Originally posted by Footballfanatic
dolfan06 Everyteam has to b e under the salary cap by now. You might be confusing the articles talking about Oakland 50 million dollar projected figure over the Cap for next year salaries and that figure is grossly overexaggerrate as it evolves alot of inflated salary numbers that the player never was going to see. I saw an article that the Raiders didn't even put in Steve Wisniewski and William Thomas retirement papers just yet. That a big chunk of change they will be saving but that money goes for the draft choices they drafted. Everyone team need a certain amount to sign their draft choices and that amount has to be accounted before you see how much you really have left to pick up a Fa that could help you next year.
but i also heard they were waaaayyy over this year

Well...it does say the Raiders are under...but I don't think they have enough to sign their draft picks without cutting someone.

well,

Originally posted by dolphan
Well...it does say the Raiders are under...but I don't think they have enough to sign their draft picks without cutting someone.
social security might be able to help the raiders some!:D

dolfan06, although I love old vets more than anything else on God's green earth, I will still let myself laugh at your joke, he he.

I keep hearing pretty consistently 3 million under...which is enough to sign Rob Burnett or Jay Williams, or Mike Sinclair, and still have enough to sign the rookies, and still have enough for a rainy day injury during training camp (see Brent Smith circa 2001)....but is probably NOT enough to sign Marco Coleman and still do all that.

Back
Top Bottom