How could he write this? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How could he write this?

Ricky can suck my #### and smatter my 8A<<Z all over his face for all I care. He's immature and understands nothing about life, if he thinks that something like this doesn't need to be handled carefully or with timing. Nope, everyone else be damned, he's his own man and if other people were depending on him thats their problem. Their hopes. Their dreams. Their wallet. He's just going to go smoke pot in Asia and not even answer to his decision. This is nothing like what his "hero" Robert Smith did. Robert was a FREE AGENT when he made the decision not to come back, to retire. He wasn't under contract and didn't have a whole team of players and coaches depending and planning around him. Ricky left because he doesn't have passion for the game, and doesn't agree with some of the NFL's policies, but he left the Dolphins and his teammates as if he owed them NOTHING. As if they didn't have even a friendly working relationship, or owe each other any respect. You know what? If the team was planning on cutting him, Ricky would have fair warning. He retired, and gave the team no warning, and no chance to replace him.

He is an immature @ss.

ckparrothead said:
Ricky can suck my #### and smatter my 8A<<Z all over his face for all I care. He's immature and understands nothing about life, if he thinks that something like this doesn't need to be handled carefully or with timing. Nope, everyone else be damned, he's his own man and if other people were depending on him thats their problem. Their hopes. Their dreams. Their wallet. He's just going to go smoke pot in Asia and not even answer to his decision. This is nothing like what his "hero" Robert Smith did. Robert was a FREE AGENT when he made the decision not to come back, to retire. He wasn't under contract and didn't have a whole team of players and coaches depending and planning around him. Ricky left because he doesn't have passion for the game, and doesn't agree with some of the NFL's policies, but he left the Dolphins and his teammates as if he owed them NOTHING. As if they didn't have even a friendly working relationship, or owe each other any respect. You know what? If the team was planning on cutting him, Ricky would have fair warning. He retired, and gave the team no warning, and no chance to replace him.

He is an immature @ss.

:woot:

Mr. Williams (no ricky anymore), Has complained of the rock star lifestyle. But yet he still goes on tour with Lenny Kravitz and does a cameo in a movie. I think this is all an excuse to go smoke more weed or hit rails or whatever he is in to now. He has left us at a very inopportune time. There is nobody who can fill his shoes. And I'll tell you this, he better not be seen in Miami in the near future. Not to say I'm a threat, but there could be some repercussions :fire:

JimsFins4 said:
What's REALLY amazing to me is that if any of you won the lottery tomorrow and decided to quit your job and travel the world, you and everyone you knew would be fine with your decision. I'm a life long Dolphin fan, crushed by Ricky's decision BUT I still respect his right to make that choice. He's 27 years old, there would have never been a good time to make that decision. HE alone has the right to decide what to do with his life... Anyone else in our neighborhoods or families decides to travel the world because he can ... we'd applaud. :confused:
This is crap. Most people would be able to quit their jobs because entire organizations don't rely on them to be there. The company would not be turned upside down if they were to quit.
What do you mean there never would have been a good time? How about in February? That's a good time to tell your team you're retiring.
It's true, he does have the right to decide whenever he wants to quit. Which is why he did quit. But that doesn't take away from his selfishness. He's a jerk that showed how little cares about anyone else. After all the things this team has sacrificed for him...

I don't question his right to make this decision to quit football, I question his decision to do it a week before training camp, and specifically, 48 hours after the last decent RB got taken off the market.

Let me put it to you this way JimsFins4. If I worked with you at an office job, and we had a big huge presentation to make for a big account that this company needs to win in order to meet our goals, continue making money, etc...and we're all accountable if we do not bring in this account (ie it will hurt our wallets), and you are going to play an integral part in this presentation, then you hit the lottery and decide to quit the company the night before the presentation, you better not come across me anytime in the next couple of months because I would plant a foot firmly in your @ss.

You know what, the lottery thing isn't even a valid comparison, because that often comes QUICK and without any NOTICE, and hence a sudden quitting of your job. Ricky has had this money for years...and just decided on a whim to abandon his teammates and coaches who had depended on him for their own livelihoods. Thats why I say he's an immature @sshole, because he has no regard for how others come to depend on him, and how this happens naturally in life.

CK again right on the money, even if you worked at kfc for minimum wage you give two weeks notice think about it this guy says he doesn't like attention, get real.

Excellent post CK, agree with you 100%. I was thinking more of the engagement analogy to compare to Ricky. leaving/quitting week before training camp is like leaving your soon-to-be-spouse at the altar on wedding day. It would have been much less traumatic for "those you care about" to break up months before the wedding. But to leave someone at the altar screws people up emotionally and financially.

Ricky Williams is now our Ray Finkle.

If he did this in February, I would have been hurt but would have wisheed him the best. To do it now is classless and tasteless. Who is one of his best friends? Jim Brown, who left the browns in a learch after they stood for him and let Paul Brown go. Go smoke your weed Ricky and be that loner you alsways wanted to be.

I'm not at all saying I would do what Ricky did... But would you seriously want him playing if his "heart" isn't in it? I feel like this could possibly become a rallying point for the team. I don't like at all what Ricky did, I work in the industry and will be directly hurt by his decission ($$) But I don't want anything but the best for him, as I would for anyone else.

Back
Top Bottom