How did NE | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How did NE

Bowl_Bound

Practice Squad
Reaction score
get the other 1st rounder this year? I know how they got the second :yell: :cry: but as I recall the Pats had two last year and traded them both on draft day to move up and get some "franchise" defensive tackle. Glad other teams make mistakes sometimes too :lol: b/c he didn't play at all and they had to go get Washington.

Baltimore...i think...the Ravens got Boller and Suggs in the 1st last year and i think the pats get the ravens...or maybe it was to the Saints for tebucky jones...sorry i forgot but its from the Ravens or Saints.

Originally posted by dreadlockera
get the other 1st rounder this year? I know how they got the second :yell: :cry: but as I recall the Pats had two last year and traded them both on draft day to move up and get some "franchise" defensive tackle. Glad other teams make mistakes sometimes too :lol: b/c he didn't play at all and they had to go get Washington.
you are thinking about the Jets trading their pick and the one they got from the Skins for Coles to take the bust from UK Robertson.

NE has a #1 from Baltimore http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1696831

Re: Re: How did NE

Originally posted by dolphan39
you are thinking about the Jets trading their pick and the one they got from the Skins for Coles to take the bust from UK Robertson.

NE has a #1 from Baltimore http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1696831

:yell: You are right Damn it. As much as I like the idea of NY reaching for a bust NE would be better. I guess they just cant do ANYTHING wrong. Thanks for the heads up guys.

Can someone outline the trade? I assume it involved the pick from Buffalo RE: Bledsoe, but what besides a #1 this year did NE get? I could see the Ravens giving the current (last years) 2nd round plus their 1st rounder (this year) for the 1st rounder that came from the Bills. Confused?:rolleyes: :confused:

Yes, NE can do some wrong, they drafted Warren to be their defensive tackle i believe and they ended up with another undersized guy like seymour... seymour worked out for them(as an end) but the jury is still out on warren.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by dreadlockera

The Pats traded the 2003 1st Rounder that they got from the Bills for Drew Bledsoe for the Ravens first Rounder in 2004. The Ravens used the pick to take Kyle Boller. They stayed put at around 21 in the 1st Round of the '03 draft and took Ty Warren. Ty played quite a bit for them and now they have quite a young and productive DLine rotation. It's not as noticeable in the 3-4, where the DTs and DEs aren't featured as much as the LBs.

The Jests traded up to take DeWayne Robertson at #5. They traded two 1st rounders for this pick.

Originally posted by Bertil

The Pats traded the 2003 1st Rounder that they got from the Bills for Drew Bledsoe for the Ravens first Rounder in 2004. The Ravens used the pick to take Kyle Boller. They stayed put at around 21 in the 1st Round of the '03 draft and took Ty Warren. Ty played quite a bit for them and now they have quite a young and productive DLine rotation. It's not as noticeable in the 3-4, where the DTs and DEs aren't featured as much as the LBs.

The Jests traded up to take DeWayne Robertson at #5. They traded two 1st rounders for this pick.

So you traded a 1st rounder in 03 -value is 1st rounder:goof:, for a 1st rounder in 04-typically considered a 2nd round value in 03? Seems like there must be more for NE to take that.

Originally posted by Bertil

The Patriots drafted Ty Warren with the pick they got from the Bills (13 or 14). They traded the 20th pick for a 2nd round pick(Eugene Wilson) and a first rounder this year (21).

Back
Top Bottom