How did we get here? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How did we get here?

woody0257

Practice Squad
Reaction score
After reading that Chad is out for the season, I found myself asking how in theee hell did we get here??? I'm no homer by any means but I really had moderate expectations for this team. I felt like we added some weapons on offense and upgraded the defense a bit. I thought if Henne improves with a new OC, we should be looking at a 9-7 record or at least somewhere around 8-9 wins. Now we are 0-4 and are all in on the 'suck for luck' sweapstakes. Still can't believe how this season turned out and we are only 1/4 of the way through. Really WTF???

Not an all inclusive list by any means but a few that have directly contributed to 0 - 4.

- Have an offensive line that can't run or pass block has it's best player not performing up to his standard, a rookie center, the two guards playing out of position, and a right tackle who's best move is to wave at DL and LB's blowing by enroute to the QB.
- Have an alpha receiver who drops passes on a consistent basis and none of the other receivers except a rookie with the ability to legitimately stretch the defense.
- Have an everydown back that is anything but an everydown back, with his rookie backup seemly injury prone, and the third teamer who has his head up and locked and gets your starting QB put on IR.
- Have an offense that is failing miserably at scoring TD's and then misses FG's or gets them blocked.
- Have a defensive line that can't put pressure on the oppossing QB or stop a back until they are at least 3 yards past the line of scrimmage.
- Have a defense that looks like they still haven't learned the basics of wrapping up opposing players when tackling.
- Have OLB's that can't pressure the oppossing QB and ILB's that can't cover to save their lives.
- Have DB's that can't cover, bite hard on fakes, take bad angles to tackle once they are beaten, and can't produce turnovers.

Again not an all inclusive list but observations of a season ticket holder.

I know how we got here.

dailytexanonline1-1.jpg

sflajph07-1.jpg

RayLucas_display_image-1.jpg

clear.gif

p1_culpepper2-1.jpg

JoeyHarrington-1.jpeg

cleo_lemons600x600_display_image-1.jpg

244233-1.jpg

johnbeckadolphin-1.jpg

clear.gif

Coulda had more, but it limited be to 10 images. I win 100000000000000000 internets.

/thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom