How do reporters like Mortensen get their info? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How do reporters like Mortensen get their info?

InMyChambers

Sniper
Reaction score
You know when a journalist says, "a source with the team" has said... Do reporters like Mort throw some ESPN dollars the sources way to find things out like who will be the starting QB, or something like that? Or do the sources talk cause they jsut have big mouths?

I've always wondered about this. I assume local reporters have an easier time getting info out of their sports teams because the teams probably feel obligated out of good faith to provide the reporter with inside info. But ESPN is national so maybe they have to throw some dollars around. If they do throw money around, how much do you think they have to payoff these sources. Say for example, when they were trying to find out if it would be Griese or Fiedler starting.

ESPN has three guys that seem to get a lot of inside info. I would like to know where Pete Prisco from cbssportsline.com gets his info, I would swaer listening to him that a little bird tells him some of the crap he writes.

Originally posted by pats4life
ESPN has three guys that seem to get a lot of inside info. I would like to know where Pete Prisco from cbssportsline.com gets his info, I would swaer listening to him that a little bird tells him some of the crap he writes.

Pete Prisco is a chronic user of LSD and he gets his inside info from "The Ghost of Howard Cosell".;)

Originally posted by pats4life

It's nice to see that not only Dolphins fans think that Pete Prisco sucks. It's unbelievable that Prisco actually writes about football for a website, considering that he knows nothing about it.

Back
Top Bottom