How do you guys expect to get under the cap? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How do you guys expect to get under the cap?

ScottLawrence

Practice Squad
Reaction score
How do the Dolphins expect to get under the cap?

Are they going to need to cut a big playmaker on the team or not?

Im very curious on this.

Not big name playmakers, just big contracts.

Griese, McKnight, and Ruddy are 3 players who will put Miami close to being under. Then it's a matter of restructuring contracts. Zack can save Miami 5 million if he guarantees his salary for his 2004 season. People like Thompson, Madison, Mare, and Bowens have said they will restructure already. I'm sure more will too.

Man I've been wondering the same thing not every player is going to be nice enough to take a pay cut. Yes, we will cut some key players I just hope we don't have to rebuild. I guess you can already call it rebuilding.

there is plenty of dead wood to go around in south fla!!!!!!!!!! i can count 10 players who will be cut or take a big pay cut!!!

Timbo will take a cut to stay. He's already said so. Mare will take a cut. Thompson will take a cut. McKnight will free up over $1 million. Ruddy over $2 million. Todd Perry nearly $1 million. Griese over $6 million. Fiedler will save millions off that roster bonus. Zach will help again. Jason Taylor might help too. I'm also expecting Sam Madison to indeed take a pay cut.

One guy who I expect to be approached for restructuring is David Bowens. He stated last year that the Phins were more than fair with him. And he currently carries a $1.7 million cap number. Whether he starts or not, he won't make that much. Brock Marion could be asked to chop that $2.6 million number.

Getting below the cap isn't the problem. It's getting far enough below it to re-sign our own and aquire what we need.

Plus, I heard that we will be handing "suitcases" to all the UFA we want.............whatever that means........

Cap? What Cap? Hey TO.........here's a suitcase.

Originally posted by Muck
Timbo will take a cut to stay. He's already said so. Mare will take a cut. Thompson will take a cut. McKnight will free up over $1 million. Ruddy over $2 million. Todd Perry nearly $1 million. Griese over $6 million. Fiedler will save millions off that roster bonus. Zach will help again. Jason Taylor might help too. I'm also expecting Sam Madison to indeed take a pay cut.

One guy who I expect to be approached for restructuring is David Bowens. He stated last year that the Phins were more than fair with him. And he currently carries a $1.7 million cap number. Whether he starts or not, he won't make that much. Brock Marion could be asked to chop that $2.6 million number.

Getting below the cap isn't the problem. It's getting far enough below it to re-sign our own and aquire what we need.

You know...To someone that just pops in every now and again or hasn't kept up with all the newspaper clippings........

That looks like a pipedream. :lol:

But it's not.

Sentence fragment.

Just for good measure. ;)

Originally posted by Muck

exactamundo muck, and if we get brunell, i cant see how we could afford some Oline from other teams. that is why i think we draft our Line. sorry all you WR lovers.

Back
Top Bottom