How do you rate the new coaching staff? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How do you rate the new coaching staff?

phin1984!

Active Roster
Reaction score
Question 6 weeks into the season what do we make of the coaching changes?

OC suits Fitz and OL look better, maybe scheme helps them or they suit the scheme? A bit of both would be my guess also aligned FO and coaching staff which doesn’t always happen.

DC seem much improved but the personnel has also improved. Run defence still our biggest weakness.

OL Coach appears to be the best upgrade.

Any thoughts?

...the recent lack of bitching about coaching on this board is a good barometer!

:lol:

IMO things are "coming together" and now that the staff has good familiarity
with the players -- and the players more time in the scheme -- we could see
more development in terms of implementation...

That's kind of what I'm hoping for -- more creativity / diversity coupled with
improved execution. We do that we're going to get better and better every week
because we have a VERY YOUNG team with oodles of upside!

Question 6 weeks into the season what do we make of the coaching changes?

OC suits Fitz and OL look better, maybe scheme helps them or they suit the scheme? A bit of both would be my guess also aligned FO and coaching staff which doesn’t always happen.

DC seem much improved but the personnel has also improved. Run defence still our biggest weakness.

OL Coach appears to be the best upgrade.

Any thoughts?

Different aspects to coaching. Having watched a number of games this year, the TNT has paid dividends. That's coaching. Clock management, actual evidence of a game-plan, . . . that's coaching. I'm happy. As for what many refer to as 'coaching,' I'm impressed there also. Players seem to know and adhere to their assignments or have improved a lot. Technique, mental errors, communication. All these coaches' aspects show dramatic improvement over previous coaches, although the bar was low. Flo seems to have built a quality staff

Different aspects to coaching. Having watched a number of games this year, the TNT has paid dividends. That's coaching. Clock management, actual evidence of a game-plan, . . . that's coaching. I'm happy. As for what many refer to as 'coaching,' I'm impressed there also. Players seem to know and adhere to their assignments or have improved a lot. Technique, mental errors, communication. All these coaches' aspects show dramatic improvement over previous coaches, although the bar was low. Flo seems to have built a quality staff

We often forget coaches also improve with experience just like players. Hope it’s also a case of the FO drafting players to match a coaches strengths and getting the exact type player that suits the scheme.

Worst Oline in NFL per expert stats, obviously 3 misses on drafted rookies - fire Oline coach.
Started fitz over Tua - fire Flores.
Replaced fitz top 5 qb this year with injury prone, feeble QB - fire Flores again.
He's old - fire Chan.
Horrible defense in first two games - fire all defense coaches.
He's not a coach but - fire Ross.
This team is an absolute dumpster fire!

Been supportive of Flo from the get go. He continues to live up to my expectations for developing this team.

Given the youth, inexperience, turnover of players and coaches, injuries, no OTAs or preseason games I would give them an A.

The results over the last 4 games shows what can happen when a team has leadership, discipline, and cohesion.

I am looking forward to when the Dolphins add more talent and have their core group of players together for several years

...the recent lack of bitching about coaching on this board is a good barometer!

:lol:

IMO things are "coming together" and now that the staff has good familiarity
with the players -- and the players more time in the scheme -- we could see
more development in terms of implementation...

That's kind of what I'm hoping for -- more creativity / diversity coupled with
improved execution. We do that we're going to get better and better every week
because we have a VERY YOUNG team with oodles of upside!
Wait for it.......

First of all, what is your expectation?
My expectation is in three years, the team should compete for a playoff spot. So far I say we are ahead of schedule. A for me.
If Tua ball out, A+. If not, B.
Can I lump Grier into coaching staff?...if Tua doesn't pan out, we have Houston pick for another shot at qb position. So yes, at this point, a solid 'A'

I haven't been able to watch enough of the actual games outside redzone and highlights to form an opinion on the coordinators, but the overall vibe and running of the team with Flores seems worthy of an A. We are only 3-3. but the vibe you get from the players with unity and buy-in feels more like 5-1. And not once this year have we come out and laid an egg. We've played good teams close and had our way with lesser opponents.

Overall B
The Oline has been very good with 2 rookies starting. Then they had to shift it when AJ got hurt and didn’t miss a beat. A+
the D had some games like NE and Buf where they looked unprepared but has looked better in the last couple games C+
Flores has made some moves I didn’t particularly like. That sea game for example he wasn’t very good in (not challenging the fitz pass that was clearly not passed the los) but were 3-3 and can’t complain about that B

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom