How does our head coach not know about basically our whole oline having turmoil? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How does our head coach not know about basically our whole oline having turmoil?

Tiko377

Active Roster
Reaction score
it wasnt just richie vs martin

it was basically richie,jerry,pouncy vs martin & garner

the oline coach should be fired for sure

but man i keep thinking if your a hc its not just 2 people its basically 5 people from your team

I agree with this. While I get it's the "players" locker room, the coach needs to know what the hell is going on.

Simple ! Martin kept this to himself ! Only AFTER he walked out and was to by his agent that it was going to cost hime some big $$$, was anything that happened an issue.

He is clueless when coaching. He really has no clue about anything except cleaning up trash on the practice field.

It was never brought to his attention, and he can't police parties/get togethers outside the team facility and text messages. The guys who felt harassed never said a word to him and the couple who did know(Turner, trainer) said nothing. It is hard to know what is going on outside the place of work when everyone involved keeps it to themselves.

The only thing Philbin was aware of was that Martin was dealing with depression, and he took steps along with Martin's father to get him help.

The funny thing is, I see threads like this and people on Twitter calling for Philbin to be fired because of this. Yet, the report clears Philbin of any wrong doing and Wells went out of his way to praise him and says things would have been handled if it was brought to his attention. Hard to place any blame on Joe in regards to this situation.

It was never brought to his attention, and he can't police parties/get togethers outside the team facility and text messages. The guys who felt harassed never said a word to him and the couple who did know(Turner, trainer) said nothing. It is hard to know what is going on outside the place of work when everyone involved keeps it to themselves.

The only thing Philbin was aware of was that Martin was dealing with depression, and he took steps along with Martin's father to get him help.

The funny thing is, I see threads like this and people on Twitter calling for Philbin to be fired because of this. Yet, the report clears Philbin of any wrong doing and Wells went out of his way to praise him and says things would have been handled if it was brought to his attention. Hard to place any blame on Joe in regards to this situation.

YEP. What you said.

Head coach has a lot of responsibilities. He needs channels of communication and with turner being an ex-marine, it is my opine that Turner kept his boss out of the loop. Philbin assumed he was taking care of business with discipline. Very easy to assume especially if Ireland was the only one involved with "toughening up Martin".

I will say that in the past I have called Martin a narc. I dont think that is appropriate. I think he just did what he felt he needed to in order to not narc. But its not like Philbin is not an approachable HC. All he needed to do was bring up some of the language used in texts. I'm pretty sure Joe would have been disgusted but he would have had people gone with no explanation or getting out much later.

it wasnt just richie vs martin

it was basically richie,jerry,pouncy vs martin & garner

the oline coach should be fired for sure

but man i keep thinking if your a hc its not just 2 people its basically 5 people from your team

Good Point, especially when they played so poorly on Sunday how could he not be more involved on whats going on in preparation and game planning in trying to get it fixed and get the best 5 on the field.....

Adam Beasley ‏@AdamHBeasley 41s

Turner point-blank told Philbin that accounts of bullying were unfounded and that Martin was not called "vulgar names."

That is why you have leaders on the team, Joe chased them all away because he felt they interfered with his message.....leaders would have gone to the head coach if they couldn't handle the situation on their own.....

Adam Beasley ‏@AdamHBeasley 49s

Incognito said Philbin's admonishments "would not change the way we're going to speak to one another."

Adam Beasley ‏@AdamHBeasley 1m

Philbin reiterated that such behavior was “absolutely ridiculous” and “not appropriate anywhere, anytime.”

Probably hard for a HC to recognize a situation that most lockerrooms he's ever been in have in spades. Hernandez kills a guy and its swept off tv quick as possible. Just like the Rickey lynch mob, who made a hufe deal over some weed. Yet Big Raper gets nothing. Typical bias. Truthfully, im over my anger at this, this was the only acceptable conclusion, the media painted this picture since this bull**** broke in the media. They got the answer they wanted.

3 reasons Philibin should go. Sherman, Turner, and Zach Taylor. He hired these guys.

So I run a facility for a logistics company and have over 250 people and 12 managers and supervisors. If I had something like this going on in my building for over a year and didn't have a clue I would be out of a job when it all came down. Sorry, Philbin may be of high character but him not knowing ANYTHING is going on is either complete BS, or the guy is so distant from his team and coaches that he is in completely over his head. I may not know every detail of what happens in my building but I promise you I know the pulse of the building.

Back
Top Bottom