How Does Ramsey Trade Affect the Draft? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How Does Ramsey Trade Affect the Draft?

SF Dolphin Fan

Seasoned Veteran
Club Member
Reaction score
Before the trade for Jalen Ramsey, I felt pretty sure Miami would take a corner at #51. I guess that's much less of a possibility now.

The fact that Hunter Long was involved in the trade, and the Dolphins have a big question at tight end, makes that position the biggest target.

Kraft, LaPorta come on down. Of course, linebacker and offensive line still figure to be on the table. Maybe safety as well.

Thoughts?

I ve been trying to catch up on tight ends in draft. I like kraft and Kincaid so far.
I think it's a really good year for tight ends. Would love if Washington fell, but his combine should move him up and out of reach for Miami. LaPorta is another one I like.

If I had to guess, I'd go Kraft.

I guess running back could be in play as well, although I do think the Dolphins bring back Mostert and Wilson. Or maybe one of the two at least.

DT could be a position that we add depth to, cap constrictions with Ramsey's contract could force us to let Seiler or Wilkins walk. Someone like Karl Brooks/Byron Young could come into play in the 3rd.

Last edited:
DT could be a position that we add depth to, cap constrictions with Ramsey's contract could force us to let Seiler or Wilkins walk. Someone like Karl Brooks could come into play in the 3rd.
Good point. Have to be able to look ahead at contracts. I think the team will get Wilkins done, but Seiler is more likely to leave.

If a good pass rusher falls, that could be a wildcard pick. Looking at the quarterbacks Miami is facing this year, the pass rush and secondary needs to get the job done.

To p off our resident draft experts, Grier will be trading this one away as well to get a linebacker. The rest will go in a trade to get a new right tackle saving us two more months of who will we / should we draft topics.

For some, nightmares are made of this. šŸ˜†

Safe to say this place will melt down if we pick a corner at 51 lol

Thereā€™s so many that could be good tight ends, we absolutely have to get one of them and hope they can develop into the next kittle

Assuming Gibbs doesn't fall, which is probably a safe assumption, Kraft or LaPorta make the most sense to me.

Unless the team doesn't address RT before the draft. I think they will, because you can't count on a starting-caliber OT outside the Top 20 - let alone the Top 40.

Will say that Fangio went crazy adding CB's in 2021 - drafted Surtain after signing Fuller and Darby (think he was signed the same offseason). So, if a good one falls, can't rule it out, but it'd have to be a great value/fit.

Back
Top Bottom