How Does The New Miami Dolphins Coaching Staff Stack Up Vs. The Old? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How Does The New Miami Dolphins Coaching Staff Stack Up Vs. The Old?

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
images

A coach whose record requires a close examination.
Another coach who once put his paycheck where his mouth is.
A coach who rises about the time some serious party-goers go to bed.
And a coach who’s an expert in cuts of the most extreme variety.
That’s just some of the staff new Dolphins coach Brian Flores has constructed for the 2019 season.
Although the assistants will be introduced to the South Florida media Friday morning, this is a good time to start to get to know them.

The importance of this group cannot be overstated. The Dolphins are in a rebuilding phase and will field a young team in 2019. With that comes an emphasis on teaching, and since Flores can’t be in 53 places at once, it’ll be up to his assistants to teach.

https://www.palmbeachpost.com/sport...miami-dolphins-coaching-staff-stack-up-vs-old

Teachers and motivators is what I want and a good mix of experience and youth makes this a solid coaching staff.......first in a long time.

time will tell guys. There's no way to know right now if they'll be good or bad.

They stack up pretty amazing compared to Gase and his cadre of ass clowns. The only good, high character coaches that we've seen come and go over the years were Todd Bowles, Dan Campbell and Darren Rizzi.

I definitely have a better feeling about this group than the Gase group.

From a way too early perspective, I think that the biggest difference is that Flores isn't acting like the smartest man in the room like Gase did and he is surrounding himself with the people that will help make him successful. Gase acted like it was a threat to bring in someone that was more experienced or perceived to be smarter than him and he preferred yes men.

But I don't want to get too far ahead of myself. Is the composition of the coaching staff Flores' doing or did someone further up the food chain see the errors with Gase and decide that they wouldn't go down that path again?

The lack of egos is refreshing, as I think there will be much more collaboration with ideas and concepts from assistants than there was with Gase. Caldwell is a better HC than Gase and we have him as a top assistant so right there the staff favors Flores. 2 first time coordinators will be interesting, but it would be pretty difficult for them to be WORSE than Loggains and Burke. I do expect some growing pains the first year for sure, especially since they will have little talent to deal with. I also like the position coaches we kept, they were about the only ones I wanted to stay not counting Rizzi who was gone as soon as he didnt get the HC gig.

From a way too early perspective, I think that the biggest difference is that Flores isn't acting like the smartest man in the room like Gase did and he is surrounding himself with the people that will help make him successful. Gase acted like it was a threat to bring in someone that was more experienced or perceived to be smarter than him and he preferred yes men.

But I don't want to get too far ahead of myself. Is the composition of the coaching staff Flores' doing or did someone further up the food chain see the errors with Gase and decide that they wouldn't go down that path again?

I agree. I think Flores is a nice balance of being open to advice and criticism, while still being alpha enough that I don't worry about him being a pushover and losing the respect of the lockerroom/other coaches. Hard to explain what I mean, but I've come around on what personality type I think works best as a HC. I used to think (and still prefer to watch as a fan) the intense fiery, arrogant coach was always the best. But I have seen that fail over and over again (Rex Ryan, Gase, etc), while guys like BB, Peyton, etc have plenty of success being intense but not obnoxious. The problem with the over the top fiery guys, is when crap hits the fan, players turn quickly.

On paper the staff is the vest we have had in a long time. Now obviously the game is not played on paper but the staff is an encouraging one. A bunch of guys who are known for developing groups of players with minimal resources

I dropped in to say pretty much this exact thing. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom