how does this team do last year? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

how does this team do last year?

keithjackson

junkyard dolphin
Reaction score
this year i think we are at 7-9 to 9-7 team. sure its a 3-5 win jump, but thats not out of the question. our games were all close last year except the one jets game. twice we played the pats as good and hard as any team. so for fun how do you think saban's fins wouldve done last year?

week 1 - tennessee
we lost 17-7, but the game was a lot closer than this. tenn had 15 first downs to our 14 and we had more yards than them (262 to 243). this year we wouldnt have jay fielder and the worst first half of QBing ive ever seen (5-13 42yds 2 ints). i also think we had less than a 2ypc rushing average. but the most striking thing i remember from this game is that we looked like a preseason game, no one looked prepared, not even dave. and one thing i heard about saban is that his teams are prepared. i def think we wouldve beaten an awful tenn team.
WIN (1-0)

week 2 - cincy
once again we outgained them in yards (226- 210) and had one less first down, but we only gained 25 yds rushing (1.2 average). theres no way with houck and ronnie that we would repeat this. with greater ball control, i dont think we would rely on aj to throw 39 times and he doesnt throw that int for TD. the score was 16 - 13 then, but i think we win that game this year. i also think this was the game of lamont brightful, cincy's secret weapon.
WIN (2-0)

week 3 - steelers
the steelers werent as good in week 3 as they were the end of the year. goin into the 4th quater the score was 6-0 pitt. even though i think we would triple our 1.8 ypc rush average, they gained 314 yards to our 169.
LOSS (2-1)

week 4 - jets
at half the score was 10-9 jets, another close game. Unfortunately Fiedler was playing and his Pick 6 was the difference in this 17-9 game, esp since once again we outgained them 293 to 235 yards and held them to 1-11 third downs. this year, that game i think we be even closer. ill give the edge to the jets since this is pure speculation, but i think we couldve beaten them esp without jay fielder. the other killer this game was losing 2 fumbles. we were not disciplined at all.
LOSS (2-2)

week 5 - patriots
this was the only game last year i missed, so i dont have much to say, but i remember we held brady to 7 completions for 76 yards and we outgained them 295 - 204 yards, had 4 more first downs and 14 more total plays. how you lose this game? coaching. i dont plan on losing any games due to coaching this year. also, you dont let jay fiedler throw 41 times. i think we couldve won this game, but since i didnt see it ill give it to the pats.
LOSS (2-3)

week 6 - bills
this gme started with a fiedler 11 yd int for TD. that doesnt happen this year. but, we went into half with a 10-7 lead. i think we win this game.
WIN (3-3)

week 7 - rams
WIN (4-3)

week 8 - nyj
this was the only game we got killed because they ran all over us, 2 100 yd rushers. im praying our run d is better, but ill give it to the jets.
LOSS (4-4)

week 9 - cardinals
i was at this game in miami and we were winning the whole time until there was 19 seconds left. we dominated the whole game and gained 403 yards and i think this offense is much better than last years. i dont think saban laspes.
WIN (5-4)

week 10 - seattle
this was our finest loss and bates' first game. we played them the whole game and we lost by 7 points on a TD for INT in the 4th quarter. Why? because we only gained 69 yards rushing. this year, i dont see linehan making AJ throw 45 times. And Seattle was pretty bad this game - Saban takes advantage of that.
WIN (6-4)

week 11 - 49ers
WIN (7-4)

week 12 - Bills
this was AJs finest quarter of football ever, 3 tds because he had some time. if he has that kind of time this year, hopefully he can repeat. this was the second time we gained 403 yards. however, AJ attempted 51 passes. thats ridiculous. i wouldnt want any QB to attempt that many passes. THATS why he had 5 ints. ill give this game to the bills, even tho i dont see drew having his game of the season being chased additionally by KEVIN carter and matt roth.
LOSS (7-5)

ok i have to go to work, so the last four games real quick.

pats - we won, we still win (8-5)
cle - we won, we still win (9-5)
den - we lost by 3 points with sage rosenfels, but i dont want to be a homer (9-6)
i forget what the missing game was, say a loss (9-7)

so anyway, the point is i think this years teams is a lot better than last year's and couldve gone 7-9 t0 11-5. this year i dont see why it should be any different.

comments?

im curious how you guys would see last year playing out with this team...

keithjackson said:
week 9 - cardinals
i was at this game in miami and we were winning the whole time until there was 19 seconds left. we dominated the whole game and gained 403 yards and i think this offense is much better than last years. i dont think saban laspes.
WIN (5-4)

I was there too. We should have won that game because on the last TD Arizona scored Fitzgerald pushed off Howard and the refs didn't call it.

with the team we have now......we coudl of gone 10-6 with all of our close games

I would hope that we'd go 16-0 -- having a chance to see the games before we hit the time machine should be a giant advantage. :tongue:

The reality is you never know what will happen. We could easily go 10-6 and make the playoffs. The pats could fall apart, the bills wont be very good, and the jets have a rookie kicker that will cost them at least one big game this year.. Division anyone??

phinian said:
The reality is you never know what will happen. We could easily go 10-6 and make the playoffs. The pats could fall apart, the bills wont be very good, and the jets have a rookie kicker that will cost them at least one big game this year.. Division anyone??

Hah, as much as I would wish for all of that to happen, the Pats don't seem like the team to just "fall apart". The Bills could have their share of troubles with their rookie (he might as well be) quaterback Losman. And the Jets, I agree that their rookie kicker will have to make a few big kicks but I don't think it will come down to him winning the division.

problem is we dont know who has got better and who has got worse--I think we may go 9-7 this year--but if 5 of those wins are in our division we may sneak into the play offs

keithjackson said:
week 4 - jets
at half the score was 10-9 jets, another close game. Unfortunately Fiedler was playing and his Pick 6 was the difference in this 17-9 game, esp since once again we outgained them 293 to 235 yards and held them to 1-11 third downs. this year, that game i think we be even closer. ill give the edge to the jets since this is pure speculation, but i think we couldve beaten them esp without jay fielder. the other killer this game was losing 2 fumbles. we were not disciplined at all.
LOSS (2-2)

I'd like to add to the memory of this painful loss -- we actually had a SHOT at coming back in the end. We had the ball back with decent field position. Then -- Jay decided it would be best to pitch the ball backwards to the Jets, without a Dolphin in sight.

The Jets fans in front of us were so annoying, that another Jets fan behind me whispered in my ear "I hope that the Dolphins win this friggin game so you can tell that a$$hole off." :shakeno:

keithjackson said:
this year i think we are at 7-9 to 9-7 team. sure its a 3-5 win jump, but thats not out of the question. our games were all close last year except the one jets game. twice we played the pats as good and hard as any team. so for fun how do you think saban's fins wouldve done last year?

week 1 - tennessee
we lost 17-7, but the game was a lot closer than this. tenn had 15 first downs to our 14 and we had more yards than them (262 to 243). this year we wouldnt have jay fielder and the worst first half of QBing ive ever seen (5-13 42yds 2 ints). i also think we had less than a 2ypc rushing average. but the most striking thing i remember from this game is that we looked like a preseason game, no one looked prepared, not even dave. and one thing i heard about saban is that his teams are prepared. i def think we wouldve beaten an awful tenn team.
WIN (1-0)

week 2 - cincy
once again we outgained them in yards (226- 210) and had one less first down, but we only gained 25 yds rushing (1.2 average). theres no way with houck and ronnie that we would repeat this. with greater ball control, i dont think we would rely on aj to throw 39 times and he doesnt throw that int for TD. the score was 16 - 13 then, but i think we win that game this year. i also think this was the game of lamont brightful, cincy's secret weapon.
WIN (2-0)

week 3 - steelers
the steelers werent as good in week 3 as they were the end of the year. goin into the 4th quater the score was 6-0 pitt. even though i think we would triple our 1.8 ypc rush average, they gained 314 yards to our 169.
LOSS (2-1)

week 4 - jets
LOSS (2-2)

week 5 - patriots
this was the only game last year i missed, so i dont have much to say, but i remember we held brady to 7 completions for 76 yards and we outgained them 295 - 204 yards, had 4 more first downs and 14 more total plays. how you lose this game? coaching. i dont plan on losing any games due to coaching this year. also, you dont let jay fiedler throw 41 times. i think we couldve won this game, but since i didnt see it ill give it to the pats.
LOSS (2-3)

week 6 - bills
this gme started with a fiedler 11 yd int for TD. that doesnt happen this year. but, we went into half with a 10-7 lead. i think we win this game.
WIN (3-3)

week 7 - rams
WIN (4-3)

week 8 - nyj
this was the only game we got killed because they ran all over us, 2 100 yd rushers. im praying our run d is better, but ill give it to the jets.
LOSS (4-4)

week 9 - cardinals
WIN (5-4)

week 10 - seattle
this was our finest loss and bates' first game. we played them the whole game and we lost by 7 points on a TD for INT in the 4th quarter. Why? because we only gained 69 yards rushing. this year, i dont see linehan making AJ throw 45 times. And Seattle was pretty bad this game - Saban takes advantage of that.
WIN (6-4)

week 11 - 49ers
WIN (7-4)

week 12 - Bills
this was AJs finest quarter of football ever, 3 tds because he had some time. if he has that kind of time this year, hopefully he can repeat. this was the second time we gained 403 yards. however, AJ attempted 51 passes. thats ridiculous. i wouldnt want any QB to attempt that many passes. THATS why he had 5 ints. ill give this game to the bills, even tho i dont see drew having his game of the season being chased additionally by KEVIN carter and matt roth.
LOSS (7-5)

ok i have to go to work, so the last four games real quick.

pats - we won, we still win (8-5)
cle - we won, we still win (9-5)
den - we lost by 3 points with sage rosenfels, but i dont want to be a homer (9-6)
i forget what the missing game was, say a loss (9-7)

so anyway, the point is i think this years teams is a lot better than last year's and couldve gone 7-9 t0 11-5. this year i dont see why it should be any different.

comments?

im curious how you guys would see last year playing out with this team...
This is, perhaps, the most pointless thread I have seen in months.

Back
Top Bottom