How good is the Colts defense? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How good is the Colts defense?

RunRicky34

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I wanted you guys to let me know how good is the Indianapolis Defense. THey look like a good Blitz Defense do you think this can effect Griese? I did notice yesterday he has a quicker release than Fieldler, he also reads better..... I hope we kick the living crap out of Indy....

Goooo Fins.

I tell ya....what scares me about Indy this year is not a player but their head coach Tony Dungy.

The reason I state that is they have always had a good offense but a mediocre defense and we all know Dungy has a great defensive mind.

You know even though it was Dungy first year last year with the colts, We beat them at home. I mean Manning chokes against the Fins year after year. If our Defense plays like they played against Bills we win if they dont we lose... We have to shoot out Manning and Harrison .....

Indy has a decent defense, better against the pass than the run. They are 14th in the AFC against the run, sixth against the pass and 7th in points allowed (18 per game).

It's the offense that scares me. They are 10th in rushing, 1st in passing and 2nd in scoring offense.

You know I think we need to put up points, that is how we beat Indy. Our Defense needs to step up big they need stop the Run they need to Stop the Pass and you need to cause turnovers. If we do that we win.

Yes but it's basically still the same offense we have always seen it's the D that has been upgraded.

--They allow 18 points per game.
--They have 14 takeaways in 7 games, including 8 interceptions.

--They've allowed 185 yards per game and 8 passing TDs.
--They've sacked opposing QBs 14 times.

--They've allowed 4.7 yards per rush
--They've allowed over 130 yards per game

Their pass defense is very good (top 10 in the NFL, somewhere around #7 or #8). Although their run defense is poor, they are not creampuffs. Their pass defense is in the top 10 in most every category, despite having played some high-powered passing offenses. And of course, Indy's offense is #2 in the NFL in scoring, at 29.7 points per game. Miami is in for a real test.

Yes that is what scares me their D. I mean look the truth is Griese played Awesome yesterday, but he is not as Mobile as Fiedler. I have seem they Blitz alot this year. what do you guys think?

Griese proved against San Diego that he _can_ make downfield passes off his back foot with someone in his face. Not to say that he will, but clearly he can.

The blitz wouldn't worry me, the big concern should be whether Griese can play the way he did against SD, or better. IMO the one concern with Griese is not ability or even health at this point, but... is his head on straight? Does the guy want to play football?

If so, I think he'll have success against the Colts.

I don't think mobile or non-mobile in QB has done anything it's our line that needs to step up for ricky.

Originally posted by RunRicky34
You know I think we need to put up points, that is how we beat Indy. Our Defense needs to step up big they need stop the Run they need to Stop the Pass and you need to cause turnovers. If we do that we win.
You sound like John Madden. lol

:splat:

No, Madden would say that you need to score more points than your opponent to win. :)

That's essentially what RunRicky34 said. Allow me to translate:

"Ya see - what you gotta do in the game of football is score more points than the other guy. At the same time - ya see - you gotta stop them from scoring more points than you. Ya see - the team that scores more points than the other team usually wins. If you can do that, than you stand a pretty good chance of not losing - ya see."

well i think that if the pass rush is really good...then griese may go shotgun a bit more........won't that give him a few extra seconds instead of a 5-step drop?

Back
Top Bottom