Reaction score
The GOOD:

+Bills Lose
+Patriots Lose
+Jets Lose
+We're in 1st place
+Nursing a few injuries
+We cut our sorry Punter
+We're 4th Overall on defense (I know this was because of bye week purposes)
+(Despite the Bye Week) Ricky is still 4th Overall in Rushing

The BAD:
-We're 27th Overall on Offense (Bye week purposes)

========
SIDE NOTE: Buffalo is only 5 spots away Offensively and they still have a Bye Week down the road.....

I know this doesnt mean much cuz its early in the season, but, boy, am I enjoying every moment of it. ;)

P.S. Feel free to add if i missed something :D

We just can not get over-confident, like we did for Houston.

We still have to go out with something to prove EVERY week!

I watched the Jets, Pats and Bills lose and being a Fin fan, I was enjoying every moment of it. We still have to play the Skins tho' and they look pretty strong, then 4 days later, we play Dallas. I just hope the coaches slap together good game plans for both.

Only good and bads that really matter are...

Good:

Ricky and the nicked up players got a breather
Every other AFCEast team lost

Bad:

We lost whatever momentum we had after a big win over the Giants.

Yeah, as has been mentioned previously in other threads, in the past, when the Phins have been presented with an opportunity to get a step up on the division, they usually choke. If they can pull off a win @ NYG, it will increase my confidence that the team has finally matured and developed the focus to realize they control their own aspirations.

Originally posted by PhinPhan1227
Only good and bads that really matter are...

Good:

Ricky and the nicked up players got a breather
Every other AFCEast team lost

Bad:

We lost whatever momentum we had after a big win over the Giants.

ITYM "Bills," though I hope we DO have a big win over the Giants as well.

Good on numbers, ****ty physically!

Why do we always have a freaking bye in September?

The Bills and Pats scared me with their "come from behind" attempts.

I really tought they were going to do it. The Pats had a 1rst down at the 40-45 yards of Washington. And Philly had a 3rd and long to convert with 2 minutes still to play.

Originally posted by FinsGoToGuy

I really tought they were going to do it. The Pats had a 1rst down at the 40-45 yards of Washington. And Philly had a 3rd and long to convert with 2 minutes still to play.

Im not the least bit worried about New England. They are coming to town in 3 weeks and by then, we should put them out of there misery. No way with all those injuries does belechick come up with anything defensively that will stop ricky and chambers and mcmike. nothing.

Yeah, as has been mentioned previously in other threads, in the past, when the Phins have been presented with an opportunity to get a step up on the division, they usually choke. If they can pull off a win @ NYG, it will increase my confidence that the team has finally matured and developed the focus to realize they control their own aspirations

You hit the nail right on the head Aqua. In fact I think you might have been quoting me so its fitting I quote you. You're so right, if the Dolphins do win against the Giants while they've got this opportunity to lead the AFC East pack so to speak, it will tell us a lot about this team and their ability to compete every week. We've had so many opportunites just handed to us over the years to really open up a lead for the AFC East race, and we always seem to blow it.

On the flipside of that, on 3rd and 4 trying to tie the game and go to OT the Patriots called an incredibly stupid shotgun fullback draw to the ancient Larry Centers. Then on 4th and 3, Brady tossed if 20 yards downfield to a well-covered TE. Not exactly showing the brains of a champion there are they.

And for the Bills, once again for the 2nd week in a row, just when the defense NEEDED to be stopping the run, in the 4th quarter with the offense poised to get on the field and possibly win or tie the game, the run defense did not show up. Takeo Spikes, did not show up. Ricky Williams battered the Bills running the ball on just about every single play for 70 yards until he scored a touchdown. And now, the Eagles ran the ball with Brian Westbrook and he broke right by them and sealed the game for the Eagles just when the Bills looked like they were gonna come back. Second week in a row that happened too!

Back
Top Bottom