how good will our offense be? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

how good will our offense be?

finsgonewild said:
it is hard to tell how good we will be but I think our offense could be one of the top offenses in the league. We have 3 solid wide receivers, 2 great running backs(if ricky in fact does come), a much improved offensive line, and an above average quarterback. This could be the year where our offense could consistently put 25-30 points a game. I think this year our offense will be ranked 12-14 in the league. We have the potential to have an offense ranked around 8th.
Our offense will be as good as our qbs make it. We're strong @ the skill positions and I think Houck has enough talent to make a good OL out of the guys we have. If something holds us back from scoring 21-28ppg it'll be the qbs

GatorChris said:
The offense is very talented, but there are question marks all over the place. How many players can we say now are definitely going to start the regular season? The only sure bet is Chambers. Everybody else is fighting for a position. I'm not saying that's a bad thing. In fact, the competition is going to be fierce and good for the team.

This is very true and something I haven't really thought about.

QB : Feeley/Frerotte
HB : Williams/Brown
WR : Booker/Boston for the #2 position
OL : The entire thing is up in the air.
TE : As you said, one of the only positions that's locked up

It should be very good for the team.

Our Offense should suprise alot of people. We have good players we just need to exploit their talent and Win some games. Should be a way better year for the Phins

Last year our offense was terrible to below average. This year I am thinking it will be average to above average. What the hell did I just say? I don't know exactly, but this is a tough question to answer directly.

Let me do it like this. * ratings ***** (5 stars) being the highest
QB: *
RB: *****
FB: **
WR:*** (Boston still a QUESTION MARK)
TE: ****

Offensive Line (All ?'s but I'll try my best)

LT
: **
LG: **
C: *
RG: ***
RT: ***

I think our offense can be top ten in the league. Not certain enough to put money on it though but we'll see. Oline is still a small concern and Feeley needs to show more than "potential" and I think he will.

painnotpleasure said:
Last year our offense was terrible to below average. This year I am thinking it will be average to above average. What the hell did I just say? I don't know exactly, but this is a tough question to answer directly.

Let me do it like this. * ratings ***** (5 stars) being the highest
QB: *
RB: *****
FB: **
WR:*** (Boston still a QUESTION MARK)
TE: ****

Offensive Line (All ?'s but I'll try my best)

LT
: **
LG: **
C: *
RG: ***
RT: ***
I agree with everything except QB. Feeley deserves more than one star for just coming out of last season alive behind that OL. Maybe give FB 3 stars? Hard to rate WR. You are right with 3 stars because who knows about Boston but we have 5 star potential.

we were ranked 15th in the NFL last year in offense, so saying that we have the potential to jump into the top 10 is not a stretch

gofins said:
I agree with everything except QB. Feeley deserves more than one star for just coming out of last season alive behind that OL. Maybe give FB 3 stars? Hard to rate WR. You are right with 3 stars because who knows about Boston but we have 5 star potential.
I admit giving QB 1 star was a bit harsh, but it wasn't because of Feeley or Frerotte. It was because that we may end up having another QB controversary going on if we don't already. When you don't know who you're starting QB is or is going to be that's when you know you have a bad QB situation. It's not like we have Drew Bledsoe and Tom Brady battling it out... (hate to bring up a Pat reference, but that was the only good QB controversary I could think of off the top of my head). For those who think AJ is the guy, it's kind of scary that Frerotte has legitmate chance of beating him out for the starting job... and as for Frerotte, it's kind of scary to have a soon to be 34 year journey man winning the starting job. Now I'm not saying that Feeley's not going to be good or that Frerotte is not going to be good, I'm just saying we're in a pretty bad situation with our QB's going on right now. As for FB... Heath Evans is a pretty good, Jamar Martin is a HUGE guy and good blocker, and Sammy Morris, but I really don't see us using the FB position much at all... which is why I gave it 2 star out of 3. But I would change that to 3 in terms of the players we got and DEPTH we have.

gr8slayer said:
Two great Running Backs? One that has proven less than Billy Joe Toliver and another coming into camp fourty pounds lighter and recovering from a drug addiction. Great RB's.

Alot of you are complainig about ricky coming back. What if ronnie gets injured? who would you want running the ball Travis minor or ricky williams? Easy choice. I dont wanna watch the fins have another bad season, so i want him back.

Back
Top Bottom