How has LaMike James looked in preseason? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How has LaMike James looked in preseason?

normaldude

Starter
Reaction score
I noticed that LaMike James is our leading rusher in preseason (11 carries, 58 yds, 5.3 yds/carry).

http://www.nfl.com/teams/miamidolphins/statistics?team=MIA

I haven't seen any of the preseason games, and none of the preseason highlight videos on NFL.com show LaMike James.

So I'm wondering how LaMike James has actually looked. Is he just running through big holes? Or is he running inside with power & vision & quickness, and breaking tackles? TIA.

like someone in a fight to be third choice running back (a little better last night) nothing special at all but probably better than gilislee

On returns - disappointing week 1 but significantly better last night

The more I see him the better he looks. Fast, good vision, and though he is smaller he will still fight for yards. He is playing like he wants it, which is good. I'd have him on the roster right now and I'd also stop Landry doing returns immediately.

LaMike understands the offense well, and has NFL experience, but is still relatively young.

I'm starting to wonder if he gets the spot over Ajayi. Ajayi has the better future. But right now it sounds like he's fallen to far behind to have any production this year.

If they try to practice squad Ajayi i find it hard to believe someone won't take him pretty quickly.

He looks like he is getting better week by week. Like to see what he can do vs ATL

LaMichael was better last night and - significantly - did some good work inside. You'd associate him with spread offenses, outside runs, a scatback type role. Based on glimpses last night, there's a little more to him. His return eork was pretty good, whereas last week hewas trying too hard and played terribly.

I would keep him. Gillislee is gone. Ajayi could hit the PS. He wont be taken.

LaMichael was better last night and - significantly - did some good work inside. You'd associate him with spread offenses, outside runs, a scatback type role. Based on glimpses last night, there's a little more to him.

At Oregon, LaMike racked up huge yards (5082 rushing yds in 3 seasons), mainly running between the tackles. He was a workhorse.

My main concern is whether he can take repeated full-speed head-on collisions in the hole with 250 lb NFL linebackers.

Sometimes smaller RBs (like Reggie Bush) end up with nervous feet, and unnecessarily try to bounce the run outside, even when there is plenty of green grass up the middle.

At Oregon, LaMike racked up huge yards (5082 rushing yds in 3 seasons), mainly running between the tackles. He was a workhorse.

My main concern is whether he can take repeated full-speed head-on collisions in the hole with 250 lb NFL linebackers.

Sometimes smaller RBs (like Reggie Bush) end up with nervous feet, and unnecessarily try to bounce the run outside, even when there is plenty of green grass up the middle.

Guys like Reggie Bush have learned how to play football being vastly faster than everyone else, which is why home-run threats sometimes come into the NFL and can scarcely crack four yards a carry. In this offense, what we really need is a guy who can make the right cut quickly. What's incredible to me is just how much Lamar Miller had success in this offense being a one cut runner, something I was worried he wouldn't be able to do from a shotgun-heavy offense. It seems Lazor can orchestrate that, and James may be able to do the same thing.

James was very good last night. like #2 RB worthy, he ran better then Damien has. I think he has better vision then Damien does. but game 1 James was pretty bad. consistency is the word and Damien has been more consistent

Let's not go to sleep on Ajayi just yet. The kid's tape from college is sensational and he's been hurt. Let's see him in next week's game and evaluate. His body of work is too damn amazing for me to give up on a kid that's been hurt so far. We've only played 2 meaningless games and some of you guys have us cutting him?? No chance Lance!

Guys like Reggie Bush have learned how to play football being vastly faster than everyone else, which is why home-run threats sometimes come into the NFL and can scarcely crack four yards a carry. In this offense, what we really need is a guy who can make the right cut quickly. What's incredible to me is just how much Lamar Miller had success in this offense being a one cut runner, something I was worried he wouldn't be able to do from a shotgun-heavy offense. It seems Lazor can orchestrate that, and James may be able to do the same thing.
I think Miller is breaking out this year... Ultimate team guy too... Hope we keep him after this season...

To me, he seemed like a man fighting hard for a sport against people that don't care at all. It's the preseason, I don't put too much thought to it anyway.

It's a glorified scrimmage.

Back
Top Bottom