How have our Rookie Draft picks from19 looked? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How have our Rookie Draft picks from19 looked?

allsilverdreams

Starter
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
It's been a rough year for the team as a whole.How do our draft picks look so far?
Our 1 st Round pick seems to be putting it all together.
No second
3rd round still looks like a struggling lineman.
No 4th
5 th through 7 the haven't seen much

Well Wilkins has 22 tackles and 1 sack. Dieter is starting so that's a plus I guess Van Ginkel is on IR. There really isnt anyone else... Preston William's was by far our best rookie and he was an UDFA who is now on IR.

I think this year's draft class was very underwhelming. As said Preston Williams was our best rookie and he went undrafted.

Michael Deiter looks horrible in my opinion. Christian Wilkins while not bad is underwhelming but I have hope he will get better. The remaining guys have not been able to produce on a team that is at the bottom of the league.

To me personally this draft has not been good at all but that is just my opinion. I am sure some people on here think otherwise and will state that this kind of bad drafting is what happens with all teams but this team has been bad at drafting for decades.

The good news is that this year isnt over and maybe in the years to come some of these could blossom. I doubt it but let us keep hope alive.

I think this year's draft class was very underwhelming. As said Preston Williams was our best rookie and he went undrafted.

Michael Deiter looks horrible in my opinion. Christian Wilkins while not bad is underwhelming but I have hope he will get better. The remaining guys have not been able to produce on a team that is at the bottom of the league.

To me personally this draft has not been good at all but that is just my opinion. I am sure some people on here think otherwise and will state that this kind of bad drafting is what happens with all teams but this team has been bad at drafting for decades.

The good news is that this year isnt over and maybe in the years to come some of these could blossom. I doubt it but let us keep hope alive.

:rolleyes:

Incredible when you add Williams and Walton. Wilkins is starting to play like a stud, very happy with that pick. Deiter has struggled as well as Rosen, but I still like Rosen as a back up because of the talent, he ain't dead yet.

Grier knows what he's doing as did Jeff Ireland, New Orleans knows that even if Dolfans don't.

The real problem in Miami has been coaching for a very long time, not so much the GM/talent acquisitions even though Tannenbum was an idiot which was true before he even got here.

Hopefully Flores can fix the coaching but it will take time as he is so young, I believed in Gase for a moment too so I'm going to be more cautious with Flores.

Coaching is everything in football.

Last edited:
Wilkins is coming along. Maybe doesnt have the impact plays youd like to see yet but he is winning that the LOS. I dont think Deiter is as bad as the PFF grade indicated a few weeks ago but he has been up and down... and when he is bad it's awful.

Then our next 2 best rookies right now were UDFAs in Preston Williams and Nik Needham. I do think Gaskins whenever he gets a shot will do fine.

Of course I think even during the last draft the focus was always 2020

Wilkins has been solid but he has not been special. I think he will end up a fine pro, but at that position, you want something a little more.

I really don't know of anyone else drafted that will be part of the plan going forward. I hope Deiter develops, and maybe he is fine when he is not lining up next to other bad players. I still like the Rosen trade, even with it not 100% working out right now, the teams needs to take shots at QBs.

Williams has been nice.

At DT, or at pick #13?
at 13...I should have said a draft position. Granted if he was picked at the end of round 1 early round 2 I would say you are getting a good return, but at 13...with the players that were available, Wilkins just seemed like a boring too safe pick. Not a bust, but no one that is dynamic. Hell, I'll even say that unless the DT is truly a special player, one who is a great pass rusher, I don't think I touch them until round 2.

I love the draft, and I want every draft to be full of future pro bowlers that show they are heading in that direction right away.

So, I'm disappointed.

I want to see Van Ginkel play.

I want to see Myles Gaskin play (hopefully he will this week).

I think Deiter will improve and play guard for us for awhile (barring injury).

I think Christian Wilkins is already a good player as a rookie, but probably has a way to go until his Soliai moment.

The Saints second round pick is technically part of this draft? So let's see what that brings us.

I liked the trade for Rosen. I wish he was starting now.

Prince has impressed me when he gets in there (despite the many who told me who couldn't play).

I'm perplexed about Chandler Cox and his usage. Is he a good fullback? Will he be a good fullback? Will we use him more?

at 13...I should have said a draft position. Granted if he was picked at the end of round 1 early round 2 I would say you are getting a good return, but at 13...with the players that were available, Wilkins just seemed like a boring too safe pick. Not a bust, but no one that is dynamic. Hell, I'll even say that unless the DT is truly a special player, one who is a great pass rusher, I don't think I touch them until round 2.
I'm much happier with a solid guy (if that's ultimately where he ends up) mid-round than higher up (of course). Imagine if we took him in the top 10?

And much happier that a mid round guy isn't a bust (if he doesn't become a bust).

Back
Top Bottom