How Have We Not Had These Lb's In For A Visit? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How Have We Not Had These Lb's In For A Visit?

Phinfan31

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
NFL.com did a piece on the NFL Draft last month, and has just recently updated it. They list every major player the team has been associated with to track interest.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000920693/article/2018-nfl-draft-tracking-afc-east-teams-interest-in-prospects

I know we talk about smoke screens and stuff...but how are we not meeting with any of the best LB's??? Is that not arguably our TOP need? And if we do plan on selecting them...were going to do it without having ever interviewed them?

The players I'm specifically referring to?

Roquan Smith
Tremaine Edmunds
LVE

Not one of them is listed, and when I've done my own research I can't see any chatter about us meeting with any of them.

??? Whats going on?

Well if thats true...(anyone confirm?) then I think its very safe to say were targeting Smith, Edmunds, Fitz, and Vea with our pick, and if none of those are available then were trying to look like we want a QB for a trade back...

I guess the draft isn't as interesting as we thought?

I wouldn't put too much into who we haven't visited with if previous draft history tells any story.

Didn't meet with Charles Harris at all. He said he was shocked that the Dolphins picked him because they didn't show any interest in him during the pre-draft process.

Meanwhile, we were all over David Njoku. Combine, Pro Day, private workout/visit, dinner, etc. He was on the board when we took Harris. Same deal with Taco Charlton, Dalvin Cook, and Jabrill Peppers. In fact, they had a similar "Baker Mayfield" infatuation with Peppers.

We're 10 days out from the draft. There is major miss information being spread around. Don't believe 95% of what you hear.

According to the list I posted in this thread

https://finheaven.com/threads/prospect-meetings.346911/

We met with Roquan Smith at his pro day but given that it is a very strange list of LB’s that we met with. Really small guys, big guys that can’t run, it’s all over the place and looks more like a 3-4 LB list than anything else.

What the lack of apparent interest in LB’s does suggest to me is that they intend to move TJ to LB.

Tremaine Edmunds' Dad just happens to be Ferrell Edmunds, former Miami Dolphins Pro Bowl Tight End (and Dan Marino's old teammate). My hunch is that the Dolphins know absolutely everything about Tremaine and the family. In fact there is an excellent chance that Tremaine grew up a Dolphin fan. The big surprise in all of this is that there hasn't been a lot more speculation that Tremaine is the likely Dolphin pick partly because of the family connection. It should also be noted that Nat Moore is a Miami Dolphin VP and is respected right across the NFL for his work coordinating Miami Dolphins alumni of former players. High probability that Nat and Ferrell are connected and we have been quietly monitoring all 3 of the Edmunds boys since they were kids. Tremaine's Dad's resume is below:

Ferrell Edmunds
No. 80, 82
Position:
Tight end
Personal information
Born:
April 16, 1965 (age 52)
South Boston, Virginia
Height: 6 ft 6 in (1.98 m)
Weight: 254 lb (115 kg)
Career information
College:
Maryland
NFL Draft: 1988 / Round: 3 / Pick: 73
Career history
Career highlights and awards
Career NFL statistics
Receptions:
Receiving yards: 1,894
Receiving touchdowns: 12

Last edited:
Still weird because redundant action loses the effect that is wanted. For instance is everybody knows we pick guys we don't interview doesn't take a long time to realize a smokescreen exists. Why not meet with viable candidates to really get to know them as much as possible ? I'm under the impression that it's kind of important to meet with players in person regardless of what other teams think. The Edmund thing make sense though.

One factor to consider is they might not have to visit with players they're already sold on. I'd imagine the wish list at 11 is narrowed down at this point. Sitting with later round guys you're not sold on to see where their heads at makes some sense. You can only know so much about a player by watching the film.

And, of course, smokescreens.

Miami meets with guys they need info on, those two LB, they already know what they're getting, and already know where to rate each. Bringing them in tells everyone else they are interested.

Back
Top Bottom