how long does it take for a.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

how long does it take for a....

rickysux said:
ACL to heal? poole should be back before the seasons over right?
I depends on the severity of the tear and other issues but usually I believe it's 6-8 months.

If it's an actual tear, we'll probably put him on IR just so he isn't on the 53 man roster. He could recover to play in october or november though.

While it isn't 100%, I think it is safe to say Poole is done for the year. No use getting your hopes up that it is minor because the signs are pointing to a tear and being out for the year.

Get well Will, see you in 06'.

dude you guys remember when jerry rice came back to early from his acl tear. he was superhuman in that rehab. if its a tear hes done for the year. hopefully he doesnt lose speed,.i dont think speed was his greatest assest to begin with

While it would be possible that Poole could return before the end of the season, dont look for it to happen. Since its unlikely that we will be playing in the postseason, what sense would it make to waste a roster spot in hopes Poole could return for the last few games of the regular season? Also...when there is little likelyhood of a playoff appearance, why would you rush Poole back into service, risking further injury?

The smart move (if it is indeed an ACL tear), is to put Poole on IR, let him have the full year to rehab, and have him return in '06 when we very well may be SB contenders. In the mean time, fill his roster spot with a short term fix at CB until Daniels is ready and/or Poole returns.

In my experiences, about a year before they are back to full strength, barring something amazing.

It depends on the tear and the rehabilitation.

I tore my ACL in high school and 13 years later, it still bothers me.

Of course, I never had access to the type of rehab that Professional athletes do.

Back
Top Bottom