How long Nick Saban will be Dolphins HEad coach? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How long Nick Saban will be Dolphins HEad coach?

dominizzo said:
I know its only a prediction, i say 11 years
Until he gets sick and tired of winning Super Bowls.:D

kingnate85 said:
A little early to say but what the heck...20 years chock full of championships and super bowl rings!

shacking my head....... the guy just got here for christmas sake! :goof:

I hope Saban stays with the Dolphins for a long time, but just keep in mind, the running comment when he was at LSU is that Saban (throughout his coaching career) has never stayed anywhere longer than 5 years. Perhaps someone that is so intense in the way he runs an organization or coaches, needs to have a change to get "refreshed". However, I doubt he leaves the Dolphins for anything but retirement. Good luck this seasonn and I'll be rooting the Phins on!

LSUTigah said:
I hope Saban stays with the Dolphins for a long time, but just keep in mind, the running comment when he was at LSU is that Saban (throughout his coaching career) has never stayed anywhere longer than 5 years. Perhaps someone that is so intense in the way he runs an organization or coaches, needs to have a change to get "refreshed". However, I doubt he leaves the Dolphins for anything but retirement. Good luck this seasonn and I'll be rooting the Phins on!
Each time he left those schools was to move up in the ranks. Nothing higher then the NFL.

Nublar7 said:
Each time he left those schools was to move up in the ranks. Nothing higher then the NFL.

Very true. And thats why I feel Saban will retire a Dolphin... but how long he stays will indeed be something to watch.

Nublar7 said:

Well, technically the move from Head Coach of Michigan State to Head Coach of LSU was more of a lateral move. However, I agree that now there really isnt any higher he could go. Also, Wayne gave Saban total control of the team so there really isnt anything more that any other team could offer. Add to that an owner that isnt afraid to sign checks with lots and lots of zeros, and of course no state income tax, and I think Saban will retire a Phin.

We will be lucky to get five years. Before you yell and scream look at his history...the only saving point is he has never been the man in the nfl, maybe that is what he was looking to do.

Nublar7 said:

And no team in the NFL ranks higher than the FINS! :D

kingnate85 said:
A little early to say but what the heck...20 years chock full of championships and super bowl rings!

I'm with you

i think he will retire in miami...he is making a ton of money, has total control and huizenga spends money and does not get involved because he knows d**k about football...i think he will coach at least 10 years...

Does anyone know how much Nick Saban's contract is worth and for how long it is? I've been searching, but I can't seem to find it anywhere. As for how long he'll stay, I really do think Saban could be our guy for 10+ years.

dominizzo said:
thnx nubs and i hope he will be like cowher

I assume you are not referring to the 'always a bridesmaid, never the bride part' (aka lack of championships)

Back
Top Bottom