" How Long will the Fins stay in 2nd place in the Division"? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

" How Long will the Fins stay in 2nd place in the Division"?

Well my twin Brother says as long as BnB - cheats are around , we will always be 2nd

Til brady and palpatine are gone

Who gives a rats ass just enjoy the win.

I don't think we can maintain our current winning ways for long. The talent level on this team isn't where it needs to be. You have to give credit to the coaches and a very weak (last place) schedule. The fact that McCain was the first CB on this team with a pick...in week 8...and on an errant pass should tell you we don't have playmakers on the boundary. No Reshad means we have no playmakers at safety, the linebackers are horrible outside of Alonso who's ok, we're still giving up rushing yards at will...at one point in this game the Jets were averaging 10 ypc early in the 3rd quarter. We have no TE, and outside of Landry our WRs are meh (Parker hasn't built on the 2nd half of last season...he's regressed).

We're not winning on the smoke and mirrors of 2008 but I hope this front office doesn't think we just need to add a few pieces and focuses on free agency instead of the draft. Until we improve the talent level we won't be able to compete with the Patriots. That's just my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think we can maintain our current winning ways for long. The talent level on this team isn't where it needs to be. You have to give credit to the coaches and a very weak (last place) schedule.

The only team that Miami has played so far that's the result of a last place schedule was the Titans and Miami lost that game. The other seven teams are the same teams each of the other AFC East team's will have to face. Miami's schedule had 6 AFC East games, 4 AFC North and 4 NFC West games and 2 last place AFC teams the Titans and the Chargers. The last two games are the only teams that are different from the Bills, Jets and Patriots opponents.

I don't think we can maintain our current winning ways for long. The talent level on this team isn't where it needs to be. You have to give credit to the coaches and a very weak (last place) schedule. The fact that McCain was the first CB on this team with a pick...in week 8...and on an errant pass should tell you we don't have playmakers on the boundary. No Reshad means we have no playmakers at safety, the linebackers are horrible outside of Alonso who's ok, we're still giving up rushing yards at will...at one point in this game the Jets were averaging 10 ypc early in the 3rd quarter. We have no TE, and outside of Landry are WRs are meh (Parker hasn't built on the 2nd half of last season...he's regressed).

We're not winning on the smoke and mirrors of 2008 but I hope this front office doesn't think we just need to add a few pieces and focuses on free agency instead of the draft. Until we improve the talent level we won't be able to compete with the Patriots. That's just my opinion.

I agree. We keep adding to the list of positions that need to be upgraded. 2 outside LBs, a TE, maybe RT although James hasn't been a disaster the past few games and now possibly a #1 WR because Parker has been invisible. Both DEs are old, the CB opposite Howard, maybe a guard to replace Bushrod. The list is endless.

With the way teams have been playing, there's no reason Miami can't go 6-2 the remainder of the season

I am not sure how we do the rest of the year. It all depends upon the heath of the current players especially the starting offensive line. It will be nice to see how the offense performs versus the Chargers. No other team has the DL talent that the Jets have.

It depends upon growth from Parker, Carroo, Drake, and Grant. It depends upon finding ways to improve the secondary play.

As long as Belichick is in NE, we won't win the division. It doesn't matter who his QB is, he is a genius. Call him a cheater (because he is) but he doesn't need to cheat to win; he's the best coach in the NFL and one of the best ever. I'm hoping he calls it quits when Brady does, but I still don't see that happening for another 5 years; for some reason, Brady doesn't age and it's annoying as hell.

The defense needs to improve for us to keep winning, and I believe it will improve as the season progresses. Getting big Earl back, give us a better rotation at DT. I do not see anyway besides coaching them up for the LB situation to improve. I have some faith in this coaching staff, so I can believe we will get a marginal improvement. I have to believe that either Culliver or Benewikere should give some level of improvement. Finally, I did not see any big mistakes by Rambo. A better test will be the next four games as he grows into the defense.

I agree. We keep adding to the list of positions that need to be upgraded. 2 outside LBs, a TE, maybe RT although James hasn't been a disaster the past few games and now possibly a #1 WR because Parker has been invisible. Both DEs are old, the CB opposite Howard, maybe a guard to replace Bushrod. The list is endless.

I think Parker's season is a loss but I don't think Parker is a loss. Hopefully he takes care of his body, works on his profession this off season and comes back looking more like the Parker who played the 2nd half of his rookie year...or better.

DE and LB would be my top two priorities. If we find a seam threat TE I would definitely jump on that too.

Back
Top Bottom