How many Defensive Ends does 1 team need? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How many Defensive Ends does 1 team need?

MikeO said:
If we can dump Taylor NEXT offseason and free up a ton of more cap space and add 2 or 3 good players, then isn't this Roth pick worth it IF Roth turns out to be the real deal?

Think long-term. 2005 Miami isn't winning anything. Big picture. Year or two down the road!
This pretty much sums it up. I have a feeling Taylor's days in aqua and coral are numbered and we need to restock the defense with young (read: cheap) talent.

Roth has gained about 10-15lbs in the off season, and he has said he die so in part so that he would ne be mistaken to play an outside linebacker in a 3-4 scheme.
I dont know what the !@# is going on. I guess I should just sit back and accept the fact that Saban knows what he is doing, and I know less than he does( which is obviouly the case)

Also, why would we intentionally depart with JTaylor?
IM all for him retiring in Aqua and Orange, and IM quite sure he feels the same.

(1) David Bowens refused to reduce his $1.9 million salary for 2005, so he will be given one more chance to accept a minimum-plus-incentives contract or else he will be cut.

(2) Tim Bowens' back is still not right and I am dubious that he'll play again.

(3) Kevin Carter was signed to play DT in the 4-3 and DE in the 3-4. While his contract is officially for five years, the structure plus his age make it a virtual certainty that he'll be gone after two.

(4) Vonnie Holliday is signed for two years as an insurance policy in case we couldn't find anyone better in the draft.

Back
Top Bottom