How many Draft spots did we lose? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How many Draft spots did we lose?

FinaticPatch

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
By beating the Jets at the end of the season in a last ditch effort for wanny to save his JOB?

None. We would have been spot 20 at 9-7 as well.

Next worst record is 9-7. And in that tiebreaker Minnesota would go first.

It was the only time I saw him coach his a$$ off. When we were in the hunt needing big wins nothing but the jobs on the line and he turns into SUPER COACH.

Originally posted by Jaj
Next worst record is 9-7. And in that tiebreaker Minnesota would go first.

That is amazing that there is nothing in between. Shows then how said it actually is that hey were more then a game above the rest of the league but not good enough to get into the playoffs.

Originally posted by Jaj
None. We would have been spot 20 at 9-7 as well.

We probably would've swapped with Minn the only other 9-7. They had a 4-2 div record and 7-5 conference record, same as we did. If we lost to the jets, we would've been 3-3 and 6-6 instead and finishing ahead of Minn in drfat order more than likely.

he's talking about strength of victory tiebreaker...Miami's was one of the highest in the league around .56 or something like that. So, the teams with the same record, against worse teams, will draft ahead of us.

Originally posted by DeDolfan

Which tie breaker you talking about?

In the draft, the first tiebreaker when two teams have the same record (and missed the playoffs) is strength of schedule. I am pretty sure that we played a harder schedule, so we would pick after Minnesota. After strength of schedule, it is a coin flip.

The real kicker to me is that Sage Rosenfels should have been playing in both the Bills and the Jets games. We lost out on the playoffs. Sure, try to win, but Sage is the guy we'd been grooming for two years now trying to find out what he brings to the table and he'd been talked up by the coaches on numerous occasions. Put him in the game. See what he brings to the table. But no, Wanny wants his 10-6 record so bad so that he doesn't get fired. Really its Huizenga's fault because from the Coach's perspective he needs to protect his job by winning as many games as possible and at the very least make himself look good to other teams so that he can try and get another head coaching gig when/if he gets fired. Wayne should have stepped in immediately after we knew we were out of the playoff hunt, and said to Dave your job is safe, but we're hiring a full-powered GM. In the meantime operate the team with its best interests for the long haul and don't sell out for a few extra cheap wins...in other words, find out what some of these youngsters have to offer.

Originally posted by FinaticPatch
OK I dont hate him as much.
As a matter of standard policy...it is ALWAYS better to hate the Jets than to hate the one who leads the Dolphins.

And for the record...I hated the thought of those who wanted the Dolphins to lay down so that they might....just might... get one pick higher. That's sissy ball. Not football.

I wouldn't want the Dolphins to lay down thats absurd. But getting some of the younger guys some playing experience would have been a reasonable course of action

Back
Top Bottom