How many of you base your life on the Dolphins | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How many of you base your life on the Dolphins

How much does Miami Dolphin football affect your life?

• It does

Votes: 35 63.6%
  • It doesn't

Votes: 9 16.4%
  • I would like to see them succeed but I could care less

Votes: 5 9.1%
  • It is just entertainment

Votes: 6 10.9%

• Total voters
Monday's are always brighter when the Bills win. People seem to be in better moods at the store, on the phone, at work, etc. It would very difficult to replace the void if, for some reason, the Bills left WNY. Maybe I would become a lukewarm Browns fan

Originally posted by clumpedplatelet
if, for some reason, the Bills left WNY. Maybe I would become a lukewarm Browns fan

Probably have a better chance of being a fan of a championship team clumpy !!!!

smilielol-1.gif

Marino1983

I once had to be restrained from Murdering my TV set............Does that answer your question?

Seriously though............

1. Season Tickets.
2. Watching Sportcenter and NFL network.
3. Listening to WQAM.
4. Posting in Finheaven.

That is alot of time I am devoting to this team.......so of course it affects my life.

Yeah I would have to say it affects my life. I would also have to admit it is rare that it affects it in a good way. I love sports in general and am a big Tarheels fan in B-ball also, but nothing affects me like a Dolphins loss.
Here is a little TRUE story about my obsession. My birthday is Oct 12th. Back in 98 we played the Jags on Monday night on Oct 12th. That year they were pretty good.
It had been only a few months since I have been divorced and looked at my b-day as a day to be with just me. None of my friends had said anything about my b-day so I just figured everyone had forgotten. I had been out of town over the weekend on business and was to get in about 6 pm. Just enough time to get back, pick up a steak to grill, and get ready for the game. I turned the phone off, showered and had prepared dinner. I watched the kickoff and started eating when my nephew (about 12 at the time) knocked on the back door. I yelled through the house and told him I was not accepting company tonight. He left and came back with his older brother about 10 minutes later. By this time I am getting frustrated with the game as well as the interuptions and was not very nice.
They both left, about 15 minutes later there is another knock on the front door. This time I am out of control and am yelling profanity as I make my way to the door. This is MY day and I am da** well going to watch my game in piece or somebody is gonna get hurt. I fling open the door and there is my next door neighbor and his wife who is holding a b-day cake with burning candles and everything. They had planned a party for me and had tried to get my nephews to talk me in to coming over to surprise me.
UNREAL, what is worse is I was so mad before I found out what was going on that I couldn't calm down. I told them thanks but I couldn't do it tonight it was just not a good time.(I was probably too embarassed) I was not a nice person to be around after my divorce for awhile. Maybe that had something to do with it, but needless to say Heather, my neighbor didn't understand football obessions and didn't talk to me for about a year. She just stormed off the porch mumbling about "no wonder he got divorced" lol.
So yes they can get under my skin in ways that are not too healthy. It didn't help that they lost that game. lol
On a side note a little curious fact that you may not know (or care about for that matter). The Dophins have played the Jags only twice (not counting the playoff game which we will all just forget happened). And both of those games were played on Oct 12th. 10-12-98 monday night and 10-12-03 this past year. Kinda funny huh??

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by NCFINFAN38
I told them thanks but I couldn't do it tonight it was just not a good time. I was not a nice person to be around after my divorce for awhile. Maybe that had something to do with it, but needless to say Heather, my neighbor didn't understand football obessions and didn't talk to me for about a year. She just stormed off the porch mumbling about "no wonder he got divorced" lol.

clear.gif

Oops forgot to explain something. I meant to say is it the base of your life as well in the vote section.

Its ink in my skin, clothes on my back and decoration my house! I think I have issues if this team doesnt turn around!
Dolphins in 2004 or bust!

Originally posted by Jaj
I just want to know how many of you would have a terrible year in your life if the Phins had a bad season. This is just out of curiosity. I want to see how much football actually affects your life.

It doesn't for me.
whether they have a bad season or not, it doesn't affect me at all. but i sure work my schedule around em!;)

Back
Top Bottom