How Many Preseasons Games Will Miami Score 20+ Pts? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How Many Preseasons Games Will Miami Score 20+ Pts?

#Miami 20+pt 2019 Preseason Games

Votes: 9 24.3%

Votes: 9 24.3%

Votes: 10 27.0%

Votes: 5 13.5%

Votes: 4 10.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dolph N.Fan

Active Roster
Reaction score
Seems like every preseason Miami games are absolutely dreadful to watch on offense. I’m talking constant 3 and outs, turnovers, negative plays, very little 3rd down conversions, FGs If lucky.

Obviously preseason isn’t the be all end all but these poor showings usually spill into the regular season too. I’m not even asking for a ton of points, all I wanna see is sustained drives, 3rd down conversions, and execution.

Who the hell cares about preseason scoring? Lol

Or record for that matter?

I actually like our 2nd and 3rd teams. It is our first team that is greatly deficient against the competition.

Well We are favored by 3.5 against the Falcons on Thursday. Better bask in that sunshine because it will be a rarity in the regular season.

Well We are favored by 3.5 against the Falcons on Thursday. Better bask in that sunshine because it will be a rarity in the regular season.

Teams with a quarterback battle are generally given the pointspread benefit of a doubt during preseason, since theoretically there will be more possessions carrying some urgency to impress and score

Seriously?!?! Didn't the Lions go 4-0 in the preseason and then go 0-16 in the regular season?

Preseason games are all about evaluating talent, trimming the roster to the final 53 and keeping things vanilla enough to still have some tricks up their sleeves. If they can get out of the 4 meaningless games with no injuries and some semblance of chemistry I will consider it a success.

Let them lay 4 eggs as long as the chickens hash injury free.

It doesn't really matter.
Historically, preseason games are fairly low scoring. Lot's of 10-6, 13-9, 16-10, etc.

I'm sure the 3rd and 4th stringers will put up 20 points. If we are talking about the first string squad, I highly doubt it considering they don't get that many drives.

I'm looking forward to see what Chris Reed can do at center. A lot of the decisions that will be made once the cutting starts are going to depend on what this guy and a few others do in preseason. If Reed can pressure Kilgore for the starting center position......fine; otherwise, Dolphins will be hunting for a center prospect or two, especially if they find a couple with versatility.

Back
Top Bottom