How many rookies will make our team this year? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How many rookies will make our team this year?

Danny

Finheaven VIP
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
I think we'll have 5 rookies make our team this year. An o-lineman, a LB,a DT and a safety. The other one will probably be a WR.If you look at our roster you'll see that we don't have many openings so I'll say 5. I can't say who they will be at this point but that's my guess.

Ozzy rules!!

Before there is any competition we should look at who is already on the roster.

We have 7 Olineman right now with big time experiance and McIntosh who will likely start the year on PUP. We usually carry 8-9 so depending on whether or not we sign Randell, I would expect 1 or 2 rookies to make the team and enough to make a second full line if you count the practice squad.

With the signing of Jones, no rookie TE is likely imo not even for the practice squad, though that's a maybe.

There are only two locks at WR and at least one rookie is likely on the 53 man roster and probably 1-3 more on the practice squad. Wannstadt/Armstrong have shown an historical reluctance to put a rookie at KR/PR so I doubt we will see one there.

The only chance for a rookie to make the roster in the offensive backfield is on the practice squad imo. The best chance beyond that would be if we deal Minor or Henry, move Morris to RB, and bring in a true FB to back up Konrad.

A higher draft pick at DT would likely make the team based on potential alone but our first three are very strong and the coaching staff seems high on Dario Romero.

If Wale is back the chances of a rookie DE making the squad at any level seem remote at best.

After OL the most likely place for a rookie to make the team would seem to be at LB. Thomas and Seau are getting up there in years, Moore is coming back from an injury, and Greenwood will, imo, leave after this year as an UFA to go to a team where he doesn't keep coming off the field on passing downs. Ayenbadejo and Jenkins have made their marks on special teams and could be over taken by someone who could also play on the defensive team

A fourth and/or fifth CB and a fifth safety are also good chances to fit in as well as the team's stated intention to provide Freeman with competion for one of the starting roles.

That's my analysis but there is still a draft to happen and we didn't say a word about injuries.

Back
Top Bottom