How many sacks has Jake Long given up this season? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How many sacks has Jake Long given up this season?

I think this week Johnson starts over Satele and Satele is moved to RG. The line was really working like that, but coach did not want to mess with the snaps the rest of the way in such a close game. Satele has been a real big dissapontment this season.

a center giving up that many is ridiculous. that says a lot about our guard play and their lack of expirence as well .

not necessarily..... if a center is giving up sacks it usually means he can't pick up a blitz. A center giving up sacks to a DT is not tolerated usually he has the help of half of the guard , the guard has to keep one half free to pick up any blitzing backers. Of all that are pass protecting the most complicated to play is guard because usually who you block changes in an instant where a center and tackle usually knows who to pick up. Do not get me wrong though, having to protect the edge is physically the most difficult task though because you can't flush your defender out where a center can just flush a backer into the wrong gap creating a place to step up in the pocket.

I think this week Johnson starts over Satele and Satele is moved to RG. The line was really working like that, but coach did not want to mess with the snaps the rest of the way in such a close game. Satele has been a real big dissapontment this season.

Tony said he wants to play johnson the full game, but as of right now he just isn't healthy enough, i think satele could play real well at guard since he seems to excel at pulling.

Whenever a Quarterback is having a career year you can credit that to the offensive line along with the smart play of the Quarterback.

exactly what I was thinking

not to be a Peters apologist but the Bills' QB's don't know 1/100th what Chad does about playing QB

one game I saw Edwards had all day to throw and just stood there staring down his receivers

a center giving up that many is ridiculous. that says a lot about our guard play and their lack of expirence as well .
satele hasnt been as bad as the 4.5 i think most of the problem has been that there has been an open door for gaurds at rg and then when smiley went down that side has had multiples also

I'm not sure that's true. Our running game was not very productive last game. The left side of the line got blown up on that Sweep to Ronnie that lost 3-4 yards on the last drive. I'm not sure who was playing left guard then.

I'm not sure that's true. Our running game was not very productive last game. The left side of the line got blown up on that Sweep to Ronnie that lost 3-4 yards on the last drive. I'm not sure who was playing left guard then.

That play were Ronnie was blown up was a little odd...
Jake Long was all the way on the far right side of the line, he looked like a tackle eligible

The protection looked like this:
Fasano/Alleman/Satele/Ndukwe/Carey/Long
Satele still was lined at center
clear.gif

You also had David Martin and Joey Haynos lining up in a two-tight end set on the left side, they stayed to block and got sliced through like swiss cheese

I believe the personnel got confused on that play

Tony said he wants to play johnson the full game, but as of right now he just isn't healthy enough, i think satele could play real well at guard since he seems to excel at pulling.

Satele is terrible at pulling!!! He gets out there OK, but most of the time he doesn't block anyone. He looks lost when in open space!!! I wish he would just pick SOMEONE and hit them. He did that only one time that I can remember and he pancaked the guy...but for the most part, he is useless when pulling.

is he getting pro bowl mention he should if he is not

Heres the sacks allowed of some of our other linemen. Smiley isn't on the list, they must not list guys on IR.

Carey - 3.5
Satele - 4.5 (only 2 in all 16 games last year)
Alleman - 1.5
Ndukwe - 1

Smiley has given up 1 all year
EDIT: i just read he gave up 2.5 lol

Tim Graham says Smiley only gave up 1, to Richard Seymore.

Didn't Ronnie have something like 10 carries for 67 yards or am I thinking of another game? I didn't get to see the SF game. If this is the case though I'd say that's fairly strong.

Back
Top Bottom