How Many WR Will/Should Miami Draft? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How Many WR Will/Should Miami Draft?

zodiak

Starter
Reaction score
Many dolfans want expect the phins to select a WR in the 1st round, I am of the opinion they need a minimum 2 WR draft picks.
Ideally one would be a Z type receiver and the other a slot/jet sweep type guy with lots of speed(Eskridge,Atwell,Waddel).

I dont know how Albert Wilson or Jakeem Grant fits in these roles both might be more of the slot type however I'm not sold on either if pressed to keep one Wilson would get the nod.

I'm curious to get your feedback on how many WR the phins should pick in the draft.

MiaFins31

Active Roster
Reaction score
We need 2 at minimum and I’d still say 2 even if we sign a guy in FA. If we can trade down from #3 we should take 1 and then with either #36 or #50 we should take another.

jdleddy

Rookie
Reaction score
I agree with 2 being the number. 1 in the first 2 rounds and 1 on day 3. Just please don't go WR at 3. For me, it's Sewell or trade down.

Birdmond

Club Member
Reaction score
I’d draft Smith/Chase and Marshall but if I can find a way to bet against I will. I just think two are signed via free agency. Grier loves plugging those holes before the draft if possible. Now I’d say the answer is probably yes because 1 WR will be drafted early and at least one will be a late round pick.

LargoFin

Starter
Reaction score
FA wideout like Robinson for boundary would do.
They could take two speedster in the draft..

DPhinz_DPhinz

I cash reality checks....
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Get a slot who will play behind Albert Wilson for a year, who we hope has a good year and we can get something for him (comp pick) down the road. Williams can play, but the best ability is availability. Robinson may be a good call .

WR is taken care of.

SF Dolphin Fan

Seasoned Veteran
Club Member
Reaction score
Depends on free agency. I like Samuels in FA, if the price isn't too high. He could be looking at a bigger contract than I anticipate.

If Miami skips wide receivers in FA, then two in the draft, and fairly high.

Here are some combos that I like.....

Smith/Toney
Smith/Elijah Moore
Waddle/Marshall
Marshall/Elijah Moore
Chase/Elijah Moore

Kebo

I'm your huckleberry
Club Member
Reaction score
Depends on free agency. I like Samuels in FA, if the price isn't too high. He could be looking at a bigger contract than I anticipate.

If Miami skips wide receivers in FA, then two in the draft, and fairly high.

Here are some combos that I like.....

Smith/Toney
Smith/Elijah Moore
Waddle/Marshall
Marshall/Elijah Moore
Chase/Elijah Moore

Smith/Bateman

Danny

Finheaven VIP
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Many dolfans want expect the phins to select a WR in the 1st round, I am of the opinion they need a minimum 2 WR draft picks.
Ideally one would be a Z type receiver and the other a slot/jet sweep type guy with lots of speed(Eskridge,Atwell,Waddel).

I dont know how Albert Wilson or Jakeem Grant fits in these roles both might be more of the slot type however I'm not sold on either if pressed to keep one Wilson would get the nod.

I'm curious to get your feedback on how many WR the phins should pick in the draft.
hands of stone Grant doesn't fit at all. Very small target with bad hands. All hype and no production.
If we get a WR in free agency then draft one. If we don't get one in free agency then I'd draft two including one with our 1A, hopefully on a trade down and then another one in round two.

HeavenCent

Scout Team
Reaction score
I think the Fins will carry 6 next year just because you can’t count on Preston Williams at this point, but he’s too good to give up on. Need to sign a WR in FA so you aren’t drafting one out of need:

Parker
Preston
Bowden
Hurns (no real savings by cutting him, but could be a casualty for a roster spot)
FA WR
Draft WR

rafael

Hall Of Famer
Club Member
Reaction score
I expect two. My guess at the most likely combo is Smith and Eskridge or Atwell. I don't think a FA WR is likely (at least not a big name).

Michael Scott

Token Jamaican
Club Member
Reaction score
At least two, and definitely one in the first. How early we take another depends on what we do in free agency.

Top Bottom