How Much Cap Space | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How Much Cap Space

Why are the Browns so high? They had 50 million of roll over from last year

To be fair, he signed a 1 year deal and had 49 tackles/5.5 sacks. I doubt he's going to command top dollar on the market.

---------- Post added at 02:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:46 PM ----------

San Francisco is also around 100 million. Hell I think the Pats have 65 million.

That's scary if the Patriots have that much money! Concerning Branch he has never been any kind of impact player until this season and the figures you quote just proves how standard he has been. Is that because of the staff and does he have the potential to get even better? He is young. Will depend on what he wants in the market. I have just seen too many players have their career years only when it's time to cash in and then the team that signs them loses big time.

You forgot Landrys extension.

Yeah, you're right. Cutting Misi will help. I think they can get Landry's extension done too because these are AAVs...obviously first year cap hits can be reduced with savvy cap management.

To put things in perspective the Browns have 107 million of cap room. They can buy whomever they please but who wants to play for that dumpster fire

That's probably a big reason why they have so much cap room...no big name wants to go play for the Browns! :lol:

How much each players saved.
Mario Williams: 8.5 M$
Earl Mitchell: 4 M$
Branden Albert: 7.2 M$

If Koa Misi is cut that will save 4.2 M$

Misi is a no brainer for me. He'll just end up injured again.

The money some of the organizations have is just insane. They could almost buy an entire new roster ... at least an entire offense or defense

The money some of the organizations have is just insane. They could almost buy an entire new roster ... at least an entire offense or defense

Well the Browns are going to have to overpay everyone they get because nobody will play for them if all things are equal and the type of player that goes there is going to quit after he gets his money

So lets say we have ~54 million (assuming we cut misi)

We should be able to afford:
-Melvin Ingram ~10 mil
-LG ~upper tier pay, not sure what that would be.
-RG ~solid starter,
I think I would spend like up ~16ish for the guards combined? too much? not enough?

So then, maybe resign Stills ~7ish per year, Sims ~4-5, Landry extension.... ?

with all of those moves combined, the money starts dwindling but would leave us in a pretty good spot for the draft. MLB still the biggest need, along with DE. But many holes filled.. im lukewarm on Branch

I'm not sure but Misi may have to pass a physical before he can be released or come to a injury settlement. Not sure about how that works but I do remember hearing something along those lines with other players.

Branch had 6 sacks in his 2nd year so it wasn't exactly a career year. He is what he is....a JAG.

-Melvin Ingram ~10 mil
-RG ~solid starter,
I think I would spend like up ~16ish for the guards combined? too much? not enough?

with all of those moves combined, the money starts dwindling but would leave us in a pretty good spot for the draft. MLB still the biggest need, along with DE. But many holes filled.. im lukewarm on Branch

Isn't upper tier guard money something like $8-$10 mil/yr now? With solid starter cost being north of $4mil/year?

-Melvin Ingram ~10 mil
-RG ~solid starter,

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/rankings/average/guard/

A good tool for salaries by position. Top guard money is now 10 million

Stills, Branch, and a quality LG for 7M AAV. That's 21M.

MLB for 8M-10M. So now you're at 30M.

Sims for 2-3M AAV? DT for 4-5M AAV? 38M. Leaving 10 for rookies.

Are you going to extend Landry or Jones or let them hit free agency? (Huge mistake if you let them test the market)

How much each players saved.
Mario Williams: 8.5 M$
Earl Mitchell: 4 M$
Branden Albert: 7.2 M$

If Koa Misi is cut that will save 4.2 M$
Interesting and a little surprising that Koa wasn't cut with the others. New Defensive Coordinator, Matt Burke was Koa's position coach last year and understands the injury issues that kept him out. Burke may like him.

Back
Top Bottom