HOW MUCH Did We Want a 1st Rd LT???? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

HOW MUCH Did We Want a 1st Rd LT????

Which of the trades WE OFFERED would you favor? (See text in 1st post below)

• I could go with the first trade in the article only.

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • I could go with the second trade in the article only.

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • I'd go with either of these trades.

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • I wouldn't pull the trigger on either.

Votes: 10 62.5%

• Total voters

P4E

Cogito, Ergo FinFanum
Reaction score
With the Cheerleaders in the Premie Forum
Too much, if you ask me!

Check this out:

Before New Orleans traded up with Arizona to the No. 6 spot for the 17th and 18th picks in the first round Saturday, the Dolphins almost concluded a trade with the Saints.

The Dolphins offered second- and third-round picks in this year's draft as well as next year's first-round pick to get the 18th pick, and the Saints were willing to accept the deal if they could not move up with the Cardinals.

The Saints had two first-round picks Saturday because of the Ricky Williams' trade last year.

When Arizona made the move with New Orleans, the Dolphins offered Derrick Rodgers, a 2004 first-round pick and their second-rounder this year to the Cardinals for the 18th pick and running back Thomas Jones.

How many of you think either deal would have been worth it?

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports...ions/tuesday/sports_e3ea40aa123fd1131031.html

:confused:

If this is true, then what I get from it is not pleasant at all.
First... Three picks for an unproven LT??? Not to mention that Miami gave NE A 2nd next year. So Look closer...If that trade went through;
2002 no first &2nd (((Ricky is worth it)))
2003 no first,2nd & 3rd
2004 no first & 2nd
Yikes!!!! Now we know(as if we didn't) NOT to believe anything Wanny says. Wanny-"I can't believe we didn't make the playoffs just because we need a LT"

Gee do you think someone is on the hot seat to perform?
Dave is willing to mortgage Miamis future simply because he knows that there is a very good chance that he is not a part of it.

On top of that you got some guys defending the picks that were made. If Wanny had his way they'ed all be on another team right now & Miami would have One new LT! & some scrubs that by wanny's own words wouldn't make the team.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think I'd like that one too much.

I didn't really want to sacrifice more of the future...

at some time you have to play with what you have instead of borrowing from the future.

I'd have to agree that that price was way too high for either of the players mentioned but it shows me one thing: the 'Fins are really that desperate for a decent LT. It now really makes me wonder what's going to happen at that position this year since we all know that Dixon- while servicable- is not stellar and is almost a lock to get injured at some point. Any thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom