How Much Does Junior Have Left | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How Much Does Junior Have Left

PhinFan54

Baller
Reaction score
I was wondering people's opinions or whether Junior Seau has stated when he is going to retire. I heard when we got him we expected a good two years out of him but he did good and was injury free last season. Will he play until he gets injured or stop after this year? Obviously the front office expects him out soon seeing they drafted Eddie Moore to replace him.

Clumpy said:
This is his last year and he will likely be released due to the cap

For once...I agree with a Bills fan :eek: (cue dramatic music) lol. I think this is probably Junior's last year...as he will be released to make cap room for CC and McMike's new deals and to free up playing time for our young guys like Moore and Bua.

no way i say we keep him atleast 2 more years he will be even better this year then last year this his 2nd year in our d-fence. :apc: he is a freeking soilder the man i love him playing next to zack!!!!!!

Junior's got one year definately, as we can see, and I guess we just have to see what happenes next year. Veteran presence, for the right price, is always good to have. :D

Have to think the `04 season will be Junior`s last as a Dolphin. I hope he can have a return to his old form for one season, because he could make a huge impact.

It's funny how all rival fans seem to think that Junior Seau is washed up and overrated when in reality for what he was brought into Miami for, to be an upgrdade over Derrick Rodgers, he is actually underrated. Seau, although not the player he once was, was a massive upgrade over Rodgers therefore making his signing a major success. If Eddie Moore can stay healthy amd emerge to the point where he can spell Seau in passing situations the Miami LB core will be even better in 2004.

I believe Miami saves 5.5 mill in the cap if Seau is cut after the 2004 season.

I read that somewhere before. With Chambers, Ogun and McMike being FA's, Seua is more than likely done with Miami after this year.

PhinFan54 said:
I was wondering people's opinions or whether Junior Seau has stated when he is going to retire. I heard when we got him we expected a good two years out of him but he did good and was injury free last season. Will he play until he gets injured or stop after this year? Obviously the front office expects him out soon seeing they drafted Eddie Moore to replace him.
Scads old boy............scads!

I believe Miami saves 5.5 mill in the cap if Seau is cut after the 2004 season.

That's a little high. For 2005 before 6/01/05.

Base Salary $3.000 million
Roster bonus. .500
S.B. proration .824

Cap Charge $4.324

Dead Money 1.648

Savings.... $2.676 million.

Add $824k to the savings if cut after 6/01/05.

You guys make it sound like Jr is serving a prison sentence and we are discussing with the parole board when to release him..

Sheesh

Merman said:
That's a little high. For 2005 before 6/01/05.

Base Salary $3.000 million
Roster bonus. .500
S.B. proration .824

Cap Charge $4.324

Dead Money 1.648

Savings.... $2.676 million.

Add $824k to the savings if cut after 6/01/05.

Can he restructure???? I bet he would.

Back
Top Bottom