How Much For Carson? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How Much For Carson?

Second, I respectfully disagree that Chad Henne out-played Carson Palmer when they met.

I was at the game.

They threw the same amount of passes and Henne completed 7 more for 60+ more yards.
Carson led them down the field on the 1st drive and connected with Owens for TD, after that he was miserable.
The 2nd TD pass he threw should have actually been a pick but our db batted it into Owen's hand for the 2nd TD.
The previous series Henne threw a ill advised Int that was really his only bad series of the game.

Henne responded by leading 2 scoring drives in the last 3 minutes of the half to pull us withing 14-12

Then in the 2nd half Carson had 3 straight 3 and outs where he threw some terrible passes.

Henne backed up twice from our own 4 and 5 yard line led long time consuming drives that led to go ahead Fg and the clinching TD.

Carson had one last chance and he drove the Bengal down the field. But he threw and Int and the game was over.

Basically Palmer was good on the opening series and the final series up until that final INT.
The TD before halftime was a fluke and should have been pick.

Henne led 6 scoring drives and had one bad series where he threw an ill advised INT.

I think that Carson Palmer is an underrated quarterback. He came back from a horrific knee injury and didn't miss a start the next year. He has lead the Bengals of all teams to the playoffs twice in his career, the last time a quarterback besides Palmer led the Bengals to the playoffs was 1990. He has dealt with more headaches than any quarterback should ever have to deal with. The frugality of the cheapest owner in the league, and the two worst head cases at receiver. All of this said I still wouldn't trade for him at this point in his career.
He's done. Finished. Nothing left in the tank. He has no arm strength left, he is Chad Pennington without the football smarts and savvy. Yes he had a few good games to close out the season, but his career has been slowly declining since his knee injury. His QB rating has dropped every year since 2004 (excluding 2008 where he only played 4 games and had a 69 qb rating). I wish him all the best and would love to see him revert back to the pre injury quarterback but I just don't see it happening, thus I wouldn't trade any picks for him.

I was at the game.

Congratulations to you.

I watched the game. Congratulations to me.

They threw the same amount of passes and Henne completed 7 more for 60+ more yards.
Carson led them down the field on the 1st drive and connected with Owens for TD, after that he was miserable.
The 2nd TD pass he threw should have actually been a pick but our db batted it into Owen's hand for the 2nd TD.
The previous series Henne threw a ill advised Int that was really his only bad series of the game.

Henne responded by leading 2 scoring drives in the last 3 minutes of the half to pull us withing 14-12

Then in the 2nd half Carson had 3 straight 3 and outs where he threw some terrible passes.

Henne backed up twice from our own 4 and 5 yard line led long time consuming drives that led to go ahead Fg and the clinching TD.

Carson had one last chance and he drove the Bengal down the field. But he threw and Int and the game was over.

Basically Palmer was good on the opening series and the final series up until that final INT.
The TD before halftime was a fluke and should have been pick.

Henne led 6 scoring drives and had one bad series where he threw an ill advised INT.

Carson Palmer puts POINTS on the board...himself. He threw two TDs. Miami dominated his receivers and he still put the ball in places for them to make a play. That interception at the end was a miscommunication between he and Terrell Owens. Big surprise there, they signed TO just before the season started and the two had miscommunications all year long.

These "scoring drives" (what a cool way to say "offensive stall-outs leading to field goal attempts") that Chad Henne "led"...I notice you give Chad Henne full marks for 6 of them. Interesting. I suppose if someone weren't very detail-oriented, they might be fooled by that. But I saw a number of drives where Chad Henne incomplete passes and ineffective checkdown passes led to successful drives stalling. I see two drives that started in Cincinnati territory to where Henne only needed to pass for 7 and 9 yards, respectively, before they kicked.

Basically, I see two drives where Henne stepped up and played some football, one where he engineered 55 of the team's 67 yards before again fading and settling for a field goal, and another where he led the team on a 96 touchdown drive.

Oh. But you were at the game. That must mean that only you actually saw what was going on in that game. Right.

Oh yes, clearly I didn't spend hours an hours reviewing half of Carson Palmer's throws this year. Yes I'm just judging on stats. Right.

Retard.

Wow, so amazing how you can take an opposing position douchebag. Maybe you look at some amazing results in the win column before calling anyone a retard.

His stats good...results...suck, and his boneheaded decision making is cause for many losses. Go geek out on some draft info loser because thats where a real QB would come from, not this overrated piece of garbage.

Palmer is done, you may see him as a backup but IMHO he's through. Too many injurious hits..will not stand and deliver. Oh and did I mention him telling management he is done in Cincy? You will see fewer and fewer players telling their boss they will not play here/there. I think the owners have made decisions in this matter. How much for Carson? Nothing, sign as free agent

Wow, so amazing how you can take an opposing position douchebag. Maybe you look at some amazing results in the win column before calling anyone a retard.

His stats good...results...suck, and his boneheaded decision making is cause for many losses. Go geek out on some draft info loser because thats where a real QB would come from, not this overrated piece of garbage.

Don't blame me just because you're so retarded and wholly imcompetent that you have to assume that anyone that disagrees with you about something that is OBVIOUSLY subject to debate and disagreement, must just be more ignorant. Yes, YOU are the keeper the truth. How could we all be so FOOLISH! I know! It was because all we do is look at STATS! That's what it has to be!

Moron.

Don't blame me just because you're so retarded and wholly imcompetent that you have to assume that anyone that disagrees with you about something that is OBVIOUSLY subject to debate and disagreement, must just be more ignorant. Yes, YOU are the keeper the truth. How could we all be so FOOLISH! I know! It was because all we do is look at STATS! That's what it has to be!

Moron.

LOL...oh powerful ck, please tell us more how Carson will bring us to the promise land. The guy has done crap his career after the injury, and besides stats.. done nothing. Take a look at his play you whiny know it all wannabe. What did I say that was so moronic before you had your little hissy fit. Laughable.
Go watch another 50 hours of tape to make the wrong assessment of an overrated QB loser. All you have to look at are his past seasons to see he doesn't have what it takes. But obviously that is a different opinion than yours, and you must always be right. Carson will never do anything in this league, get over it.

Take your meds nerd.

Back
Top Bottom