How much is hype?? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How much is hype??

This year's draft was the equivalent of having a fantasy football draft and somehow being able to get Priest Holmes in round 1, Terrell Owens in round 2, and Randy Moss in round 3. Not that our picks will go on to have those kinds of careers, but the point is that we got 1st round talents in each of the first three rounds.

When you draft you want to maximize "steals" and minimize "reaches." Wannstedt did the opposite of that by taking guys like Wade Smith and Eddie Moore way higher than he could've gotten them. Last weekend we got three steals starting out the draft. Not hype.

Kenny_Stang said:
Two seasons ago we went 10-6 with pretty much the same team, a couple of years younger and not as many injuries, but realistically the same. Now we have a new RB who has the skills to be as good or better than Ricky, we have a Head Coach with heart and plays to win, a offensive coordinator who likes to spread things out, and an OL coach who is one of the best in the league. We have a ton of young guys on defense, which was a big concern due to the age of our defense, and we have a QB who in my opinion showed alot of composure and leadership, especially at the end of the year (see the Pats game). If we get lucky breaks and have very few injuries, I say we have a very real possibility to be a 10-6 team, but right now I'm thinking 8-8 will be about right.
That sums it up pretty well.

The biggest difference/improvement on this team is going to be the coaching. Granted it may take a while for this team to buy into or master the new schemes, but once they do this team will be a lot better. Because of the time it will take to get good team chemistry and learn the new systems I say 6-10 to 8-8 are realistic goals. If things go real well, MAYBE we will be better, but I am guessing at somewhere in that range.

Back
Top Bottom