How much money for McMichael? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How much money for McMichael?

I really hope he has a break out year but based on last year (which is tough because the Oline and QB sucked) he doesn't deserve big $$. We are talking TE - to pay one 4 mil/yr is crazy unless they are initialed TG and even he disappeared some last year. Linehan's system is TE friendly so I'd expect McMike to put up great #'s BUT he has to get rid of the drops and improve his blocking. I believe they gave Kleinsasser (overpaid IMO) a 3mil/yr deal. Look at all the TE's Saban is bringing in - he wants BIG bodies to play H-Back/TE - that's Linehans system. Don't be surprised to see McMike share time at TE because he does not fit the profile for the system. I hope he works out though because I love his attitude and aggressiveness at times. IMO Lee will get beat out in camp.

PhinDude88 said:
I bet ya that McMike will prob be demanding about the same amount of money that Heap is getting. We will prob tag him next year and hope that he sings the offer and doesnt hold out. This situation my get very ugly whenever March rolls around.

I don't think Randy will put up a stink about his contract... If we give him a fair offer, I believe he will take it a play ball without missing a step.

I forgot to say something when I posted before so here goes. If it is one player that deserves to get paid, it is Randy. Here is a guy that bleeds Phins, played the most dangerous game for cheap and never complained or was a distraction. Has gone on record saying he will not hold out(correct me if I am wrong here) and has done everything asked of him........plus a team leader in the locker room. Give this guy a healthy contract. To do less will be a slap in the face.

finmann said:
I forgot to say something when I posted before so here goes. If it is one player that deserves to get paid, it is Randy. Here is a guy that bleeds Phins, played the most dangerous game for cheap and never complained or was a distraction. Has gone on record saying he will not hold out(correct me if I am wrong here) and has done everything asked of him........plus a team leader in the locker room. Give this guy a healthy contract. To do less will be a slap in the face.

He was outspoken, played for low $ but that is what happens when you are not a top rd pick. That is not Miami low balling him - it is what it is depending on where you are drafted. As for his never being a distraction I disagree there. He spoke up but was it always positive - not sure about that. As for done everything asked of him and a team leader we don't know. Unless you are in the locker or on the team you can't say that. You get drafted you get paid as slotted. You perform big time you usually get paid big time. I like McMike alot for his fire BUT I don't think he has done enough to warrant big $$ - no way. He should have a big year this year though if he can hold on to the ball. IMO TE's should not get big $$. You have QB,RB and WR that are your play makers - you can only pay so many guys. If you give a TE 4 mil what do you pay those other positions?

Rich22 said:
He was outspoken, played for low $ but that is what happens when you are not a top rd pick. That is not Miami low balling him - it is what it is depending on where you are drafted. As for his never being a distraction I disagree there. He spoke up but was it always positive - not sure about that. As for done everything asked of him and a team leader we don't know. Unless you are in the locker or on the team you can't say that. You get drafted you get paid as slotted. You perform big time you usually get paid big time. I like McMike alot for his fire BUT I don't think he has done enough to warrant big $$ - no way. He should have a big year this year though if he can hold on to the ball. IMO TE's should not get big $$. You have QB,RB and WR that are your play makers - you can only pay so many guys. If you give a TE 4 mil what do you pay those other positions?

That is were I disagree. He has done enough to warrent big $$.

If he has another solid year this season then I think he will deserve a 6 year, 22-25 million dollar deal.

Also, I see people bash McMike sometimes but honestly the guy is far underpaid and he hasn't held out like a TO or Javon Walker. Let's give McMike some credit for being a team player and not a whiney little kid like TO.

I'm a McMike fan and he brings excitement to the game and team BUT how could you justify paying him 4mil/yr? For a TE?? On O you pay your QB (when we finally get one), your RB, your top 2 WR's and then maybe a TE. And BTW how about at least 2 OL if not more. So how could you justify 4 mil for a TE? No way unless your O is built around them which I don't see here. In Minny it seemed they had a new TE every year for awhile. They put up big #'s too but Kleinsasser was the only one that got paid and that was a joke because he is always hurt. I hope he stays but I don't see a big payday for a TE. The salary cap just doesn't support it.

Heap got 6 years, 30 million... So Randy will want something in that range.

Hummer23 said:
McMichael becomes a free agent after this year. How much money would you be willing to give him so he would stay? I say we should give him a 8 million signing bonus. Then a 6 year 32 milion dollar contract. Let me know what you think.

You can read minds cant you? THat contract does sound reasonable for Randy

Randy DESERVES top money. He has not once complained about his contract. And, he has been one of the elite TE's during that contract. You don't slap a guy in the face that has been a quiet team player and allowing you to overpay other people less deserving. Let's not forget he's a team captain. Not just in name. He has the respect of the team.

$8M bonus, 5 years $20M. He's earned every penny. No one can prove to me otherwise.

NathanHunt said:
Randy DESERVES top money. He has not once complained about his contract. And, he has been one of the elite TE's during that contract. You don't slap a guy in the face that has been a quiet team player and allowing you to overpay other people less deserving. Let's not forget he's a team captain. Not just in name. He has the respect of the team.

$8M bonus, 5 years $20M. He's earned every penny. No one can prove to me otherwise.

I doubt that while switching to Drew he has not brought up his contract once. What is the talk about slapping him in the face? First off McMike is FAR from a quiet team player - are you kidding me?? Randy quiet? - I'm not sure we are talking about the same guy. That is what makes him McMike though. If you give him 4 mil/yr who do you cut?? How about they actually get a top flight QB - how do they pay him? Where do you get the 3+ mil/yr extra for McMike? It's great to sit back and say give this guy that and sign this guy but at the end of the day you have to pay for game changers and certain positions and IMO you can't afford to pay a TE 4mil/yr unless he was all world. How quick people forget all his mistakes, He's good and I hope will be all pro some day but I want to pay for an elite QB, RB and WR first! Build my Oline which will cost and then it's a nice luxury to be able to afford a top TE. I'm sorry if you don't agree but do you think it's a coincidence that Sabah has brought in 4 or 5 TE's? You would suggest we pay our TE more than our QB? Granted he is a better player but seriously think about that!

Back
Top Bottom