How Ridiculous Tyreek Is: | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How Ridiculous Tyreek Is:

Again, are you giving the award to the best player? Or the "most valuable" player to his team?

Not saying either position is "wrong", necessarily, but the name of the award would indicate that it is most valuable, which by nature of the game weights QBs heavier than other positions.
True, but by that standard it’s always going to be a QB award and no other position should ever win the award.

True, but by that standard it’s always going to be a QB award and no other position should ever win the award.
Yes, that's probably why there have to be very extreme circumstances historically for it to go to a position player.

Not unprecedented, but rare.

Maybe we need a separate award with a different name?

Yes, that's probably why there have to be very extreme circumstances historically for it to go to a position player.

Not unprecedented, but rare.

Maybe we need a separate award with a different name?
What do you consider very extreme circumstances? Maybe the first ever 2k season falls into that category? How many yards/TDs would it take for a WR to win it in your opinion?

What do you consider very extreme circumstances? Maybe the first ever 2k season falls into that category? How many yards/TDs would it take for a WR to win it in your opinion?
I don't get a vote.

Do you believe TH is "more valuable" to this team than Tua? I do not.

An example of an extreme case is Lawrence Taylor winning, rather than Phil Simms.

Honestly I think it hurts both their cases being on the same team

I don't get a vote.

Do you believe TH is "more valuable" to this team than Tua? I do not.

An example of an extreme case is Lawrence Taylor winning, rather than Phil Simms.

Honestly I think it hurts both their cases being on the same team

I don’t either, but if the award is supposed to be for every position, then each one should be “graded on a different curve”.

Otherwise, the NFL should outright state that MVP is only for QBs and OPOY and DPOY is for the rest.

While I agree Tua is the real MVP of the team (we can win with Tyreek out, without Tua it’s much harder), I get this reasoning.

If Tyreek has the best ever WR season in the history of the NFL, then he does deserve MVP, unless you make it a QB only award.
Agreed. I'll take them 1 and 2 in any order, but what Hill is doing so far production-wise is historic. He would deserve every accolade possible.

I don’t either, but if the award is supposed to be for every position, then each one should be “graded on a different curve”.

Otherwise, the NFL should outright state that MVP is only for QBs and OPOY and DPOY is for the rest.
The NFL is not who gives the awards, but I get your point.

Like I said before, it is called the "most valuable player", not the "best player".

The name of the award itself is what it is. Does the QB position have an inherent advantage? Sure, it is the most important position on the field, and therefore in most years a QB will win the award.

Unless you want to change the definition of "most valuable", not sure why this is so hotly debated.

Tyreek is such a great teammate too. Whether or not this is true, he said he ran the wrong route on the 60-yard TD pass when some fat slob reporter tried to say Tua threw an awful pass and Hill bailed him out. How can you not love these guys? I'd be happy for either of them if they won MVP and don't care which one gets it, and I'm sure they would say the same.

Tyreek is such a great teammate too. Whether or not this is true, he said he ran the wrong route on the 60-yard TD pass when some fat slob reporter tried to say Tua threw an awful pass and Hill bailed him out. How can you not love these guys? I'd be happy for either of them if they won MVP and don't care which one gets it, and I'm sure they would say the same.

Reek is awesome for clapping back at people who go after Tua.

Tyreek's highest seasonal receiving yardage playing in KC = 1,479
Tyreek's highest seasonal receiving TD's playing in KC = 15

He's already topped the receiving yardage TWICE now in Miami.
He's very likely to top the 15 TD's as he already has 12.

BUT, BUT when Tyreek was in KC with Mahomes he had to share with Travis Kelce, right?

True, however, he has to share with Jaylen Waddle in Miami AND a top 2 ranked rush attack that's also piling up impressive yardage and scoring numbers.

FWIW Waddle had 1,356 and 8 TD's last season and very possibly will reach 1,000+ yards this season. Meanwhile Kelce averaged 1,212 yards and just under 8 TD's per season during the 6 seasons the Cheetah played with him in KC. So the production being "shared" is roughly the same as what Waddle is posting.

Yet Tyreek is still outperforming his numbers with Mahomes and Reid.

My bet I made in June with Tyreek 150-1 MVP looking like it has a actual chance

I hope taking him out of the 4th quarter doesn't make him come short 😥

Back
Top Bottom