How serious is Chambers' hamstring injury? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How serious is Chambers' hamstring injury?

DrAstroZoom

Bon vivant
Reaction score
I read the little blurb in the Herald said Chris Chambers left yesterday's practive early because of his hamstring. But then, when I read the following spin from fanball.com, I became more concerned:

News
Chris Chambers, who dealt with a hamstring injury in the offseason, left Wednesday's practice early because of a hamstring injury, the Miami Herald reports.

Views
Yes, we are concerned about this. Chambers cannot stay healthy, be it ankle, head, or hamstring injuries. He enters year three, but our optimism is muted by all these injuries. We'll keep you posted.

Should we be worried, or is this just cautionary spin strictly for fantasy owners?

fanball is giving the fantasy spin...if it was serious there would be a big story on it like gadsdens injury...its just a precautionary move...

Chambers does have a history with hamstring injuries.

It is a problem.

Last year, the ankle from 2001 plagued him all season. Now the hammy. Many times hammy's will linger. Just look at JJ Johnson. And Chambers does have that history.

Just what we needed. *sigh*

Muck, I have to know ... is that an authentice Jimmy Johnson quote? Too funny!

Damn ... I hope the media gets us an update on Chambers soon. That makes me sweat.

I really wonder if Chambers has weak hammies. Because in minicamp I remember a report stating that he had to sit out half of a practice because of sore hamstrings. This is a pattern for him that he may not be able to overcome.

It is an even more serious problem for our team because due to this injury, we could be stuck with another potentially great WR who never really translates it to the field for a full season....another curse we as fans are just sick of.

Argh.

He should hire the hamstring doctor that worked with Issac Bruce and Donte Stallworth. Those guys also had hammy problems in the past, and now seem to be over them (at least Bruce is over them; with Donte its too early to tell).

Yup, that's straight from JJ himself. He was driving in his Corvette, talking on his cellphone to the 49ers, negotiating a trade for Terry Kirby. After the Niners came up to a sixth rounder, Jimmy said, "I could take a crap and get a sixth round pick out of it. So don't offer me that." Jimmy ended up getting a 4th rounder for Kirby. ;)

The entire story can be found in "A Shark Among Dolphins".

Wanny is sitting Taylor because he's sick. Nails Shoulder, McKnight Stinger. Come on folks. Don't take this seriously until Chambers misses a game. Wanny is resting the veterans with the slightest complaint for December. It happens every training camp. This year with the cancelled practice I belive Wanny sees that the early rough going catches up with them eventually and he's taking a different approach. I like it. Don't worry about Chambers. He'll forget all about the Hammy when the lights come on.

Sherif, that's the most reassuring thing I've heard. I'll breathe easier ... just a bit.

Originally posted by Surferosa
Argh.

He should hire the hamstring doctor that worked with Issac Bruce and Donte Stallworth. Those guys also had hammy problems in the past, and now seem to be over them (at least Bruce is over them; with Donte its too early to tell).

I read somewhere that Stallworth stopped taking creatine. The article went on to say that creatine has been linked to a large number of hamstring injuries. Maybe CC's taking creatine?

Plain and simple - He's resting. I'm sure right now they take most of these guys out for minor things like this.

Originally posted by DrAstroZoom
I read the little blurb in the Herald said Chris Chambers left yesterday's practive early because of his hamstring. But then, when I read the following spin from fanball.com, I became more concerned:

Should we be worried, or is this just cautionary spin strictly for fantasy owners? [/B]

If he asks to borrow your wheels, Doc, I'd start worrying.:)

I think it's just a pre-cautious measure taken too. He's too important to the team's success to risk that injury becoming more serious than it really is. He'll be fine, but OG's injury is a different story. That is bothersome.

Back
Top Bottom