How soon do we see big name cuts/who? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How soon do we see big name cuts/who?

Timbo took a pay cut he aint making much at all. Traylor wouldnt be any better though maybe a drop healthier hes not without issues though.

D Bowens I think is gone.

Lee will not be as someone suggested. hes still on his rookie deal and we will be using a lot of 2 Te sets meaning mcmike, lee, and prolly either holmes or sesay will make the team.

bowens gets traded the 1st time a team losses a DE to injury BEFORE the season starts. If he's not traded I do believe he'll be released. Honestly though, with the trade of Surtain and the amazingly good job on the salary cap that Weidmeir (however it's spelled) and Speilman have done, we don't HAVE to cut anyone on the June 1st cut date.

Aside from Bowens not likely fitting the grand design I think that Akins could get cut. Even though he's signed to a decent contract with like 3 more years on it, he may only be a special teams player and I have a feeling he's not the player Saban will use at safety enough to warrant the contract. I of course hope he'd be good enough to play major minutes (because of his contract) but I just don't know if he will.

Timbo will be back next year. The guy still has gas in that tank and he has to prove some of these doubters wrong.

Dolfan4life34 said:
if u have chester and carter then chester can soak up that extra blocker since he is about 320 and u get some pass rush from carter up the middle
yay we can get pass rush up the middle on a running play.:rolleyes:

A friend of mine is a huge titan fan and has NFL ticket and 4 t.v.s so I watch ALL the titans games... and he played A LOT of DT... the guy can still play and I must say I love this signing.

Phinmaster1354 said:
I just don't get it? Tim Bowens has been the most solid player for the PHINS since way back in 1994 and he still doesn't get the recognition he deserves! Ask Zach Thomas how vital TIMBO has been to his career! The guy has been a stud since he first put on a PHINS jersey!One example I can clearly think of, playoffs our last playoff game against the RAVENS. A decreped TERRY ALLEN running all over us!Timbo was out with a torn bicep! If Timbo wasn't out the PHins win that game. I know Jay was throwing INT's like he was handing out flyers but point is TIMBO has always been vital in stopping the run! n he's there the PHINS flourish, when he isn't the PHINS get run on! I know he got drafted in 1994,butTimbo is only 30 since he came out of school early!He definately has s0ome gas left in the tank and is one of the premiere run stuffers in the league. He always has to be double teamed!

I don't think anybody's questioning his heart or talent. The problem is his back. Ruptured discs are not something you can come back from easily, especially when you're a huge heavy guy whose job is to strain your hardest against 1,2 or even 3 other huge heavy guys trying to bull their way through you. Look at Daryl Gardner; forget his attitude, he never came back from his disc problems.

Timbo's worth keeping at his restructured cheap price, but don't count on him.

zephon said:
bowens gets traded the 1st time a team losses a DE to injury BEFORE the season starts. If he's not traded I do believe he'll be released. Honestly though, with the trade of Surtain and the amazingly good job on the salary cap that Weidmeir (however it's spelled) and Speilman have done, we don't HAVE to cut anyone on the June 1st cut date.

Aside from Bowens not likely fitting the grand design I think that Akins could get cut. Even though he's signed to a decent contract with like 3 more years on it, he may only be a special teams player and I have a feeling he's not the player Saban will use at safety enough to warrant the contract. I of course hope he'd be good enough to play major minutes (because of his contract) but I just don't know if he will.

huh? Weidmeir does do a good job managing the cap and it is Saban that has given us cap room by trading Surtain as well as cutting the deadwood around here like Jay Fiedler, Spielman has no decision making power anymore.

Timbo AND HIS HERNIATED DISCS

islandah said:
I don't think anybody's questioning his heart or talent. The problem is his back. Ruptured discs are not something you can come back from easily, especially when you're a huge heavy guy whose job is to strain your hardest against 1,2 or even 3 other huge heavy guys trying to bull their way through you. Look at Daryl Gardner; forget his attitude, he never came back from his disc problems.

Timbo's worth keeping at his restructured cheap price, but don't count on him.

Timbo should be applauded for even thinking about coming back from a serious back injury. Take it from someone who currently has the same injury. Forget it if it's progressed to Sciatica. The pain is intense and CONSTANT like nothing you've ever gone through. At times you can't stand without feeling pain. You can't sit down without feeling pain. You can't lay down without feeling pain. When it's reached that point, forget about having S_X. You're like an handicapped baby in a grown man's body.

If you really hate someone (Jets fans for example) don't wish that they would die, that's too comforting, instead wish that they would have herniated discs that's progressed to Sciatica!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Timbo, I wish you well. You've plugged a huge leak in our run defense for many many years. Thanks and good luck!

Back
Top Bottom