How well did Fiedler play on Saturday? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How well did Fiedler play on Saturday?

Joe M. Omma

Practice Squad
Reaction score
A huge loss usually means that no one showed up to play. However, I was wondering how much Jay Fiedler had to do with his second loss of the season.

Broken down by Drives

1. Fiedler goes 2-2 on 70 yards passing. (whoopee)
2. fiedler goes throws a completion for 9 yards and ricky runs well but 30 yards in penalties creates a 3rd and 21 and draw by RW.
3. 3rd and out due to a drop on third and three by ward.
4. fiedler throws an interception to the opponnents 24 yard line on the first play of the drive. big time mistake by fiedler, but it amounts to a 3 and out and a 54 yard punt early in the second quarter. (mistake, yes. crucial, not in my opinion)
5. mcnight fumbles the ball

second half
6. fiedler engineers long drive culminating in a fiedler td pass
7. fiedler engineers long drive that ends due to a ball that hit reciever in the hands but could have been thrown better. ends in short field goal to tie game.
9. fiedler gets ball with 10 seconds left game over.

fiedler ends up 15-21 with 177 yards and 2 tds and the pick
qb rating 108.

That took his record to 7-2. the other loss was in kc where he
was able to put up 30 points in a losing effort. (RW had 60 yards)
but, kc put up 48... fiedler definatly could have played better in that game...

There you have it, as unbiased as I could be.

I didn't need a break-down...

Watching the game, and Fiedler, showed me he gave his team every chance to win...

Some others didn't, but we''ll bounce back this weekend...

Good stuff, Joe.

It would be nice if everyone puts in a top-notch performance Sunday. I'd love to see the O really, truly living up to all the early promise they showed in the opener against the (semi-pro) Lions.

I'd love to see Jay have the opportunities he needs this time and I hope he conducts the O like his cousin conducted the Boston Pops.:) Fingers and toes all crossed here!

We really fon't have much of a choice but to play top notch this weekend. If we caren't able to get a first round bye we can at least have the first game at home!!

Back
Top Bottom