How Would You Attack the Patriot Defense?? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How Would You Attack the Patriot Defense??

Muck

Now completely imaginary
☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
A little roleplaying session here on Finheaven. :cool: If you were Norv Turner, how would you attack the Patriot defense today?? Remember, it's probably going to be a snowy mess out there. So the passing game is probably going to be further neutered.

Normally, I'd lead off with my usual weak offering. But I'm fading fast.

Anyway, lets have some good conversation.

i would mirror their offense

dink and dunk all day to ricky, konrad....run a reverse

Hand the ball of to RW, then try some playaction deep when wind is in our favor.

ricky williams with 30+ carries = W for phins...

mix in some screens, and a TIMELY reverse to chambers or mcknight to exploit an aggressive defense.

Run 15 straight times right into Ted Washington.

In the passing game I'd pick on Ty Law & his bum ankle with Chambers & McKnight. In the running game vs their 3-4 you've gotta hit the B gap between Perry & Wade to stay away from big Ted & lead with Konrad to take out the LILB.

Originally posted by SMadison29
Run 15 straight times right into Ted Washington.

In the passing game I'd pick on Ty Law & his bum ankle with Chambers & McKnight. In the running game vs their 3-4 you've gotta hit the B gap between Perry & Wade to stay away from big Ted & lead with Konrad to take out the LILB.

Run at Ted Washington. What he said ;)

If he can show down Edge and that OL, then Ricky and the sub-par Miami OL will be in major trouble.

Run outside all day long. Show a fake reverse often and run it a few times. We need to be safe with the ball. Take a couple of shots down the field when we have the wind. Maybe on third down and long so its as good as a punt. Use Ricky, Konrad, Randy and Lee in the middle of the field on short passes. Be creative to get Chambers involved. Get Orande involved in physical mismatches if possbile.

First, I'd attack a Patriot fan from the front.

I'd use my Jab, wear him down. Then I'd take it to the body, I'd pound his fat around for a while till he begged me to stop.
Then I'd make him watch Vacation videos of that hideous town they call New England and I'd finish him off with One of those disgusting creme pies and a date with your typical hideously ugly Boston Chick.

Oh, Tha horror.....

Originally posted by XNOUGHT

Run at Ted Washington. What he said ;)

If he can show down Edge and that OL, then Ricky and the sub-par Miami OL will be in major trouble.

let me be the first to say... we're gonna miss you around here after tonight ;)

Originally posted by Pigskin Pimp
First, I'd attack a Patriot fan from the front.

I'd use my Jab, wear him down. Then I'd take it to the body, I'd pound his fat around for a while till he begged me to stop.
Then I'd make him watch Vacation videos of that hideous town they call New England and I'd finish him off with One of those disgusting creme pies and a date with your typical hideously ugly Boston Chick.

Oh, Tha horror.....

:rofl:

Give Ricky the ball 30 times. Also try some screens and maybe a halfback pass by Ricky to Chambers or McMichael.
Run some counter plays for Ricky. Force their D to change direction a lot to take advantage of their aggressiveness.
Pull Jamie Nails on a play and have him level McGinnest. When he stays down we'll know he isn't faking it! :lol:

Originally posted by Muck
A little roleplaying session here on Finheaven. :cool: If you were Norv Turner, how would you attack the Patriot defense today?? Remember, it's probably going to be a snowy mess out there. So the passing game is probably going to be further neutered.

Normally, I'd lead off with my usual weak offering. But I'm fading fast.

Anyway, lets have some good conversation.

1927_photo.jpg

Originally posted by DolfanF150
Run outside all day long.

Thats the one that I actually agree with...but does your coach have enough intelligence to get it? I dont think so.

Run outside. Run the counter play! Just run the ball!

Also, we need to have some short passes. Passing deep will be tough in this weather, but we need to throw the ball short to McMichael and Konrad. Also, we should run a reverse once in this game.

I would line up 2 TE's and go raight at em. I woiuld also line up three WR's in bunches and f em hard.

Back
Top Bottom