How you guys feeling about the Wes Welker Trade now? | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How you guys feeling about the Wes Welker Trade now?

The team waited too long to sign Wes and then he decided to take a better offer. Nobody to blame but OUR management. We did get Samson Satele in the deal but we gave up more than we got back.

again thank you as was written his agent tried to get something done in early october but mueller/saban weren't even tallking... too bad becuase who knows what we could have kept him for BEFORE he finished as our leading reciever and was targeted early on by the pats.

and a good slot reciever is a bad thing? or not worth it or a dime a dozen as others have spewed here? that good slot reciever will get you a first down/move the "chains" more often than not. hence him leading us in receptions with "checkdown joey" at the helm last season.

geeze maybe you should tell that to oj mcduffie and dan marino... bet they would feel otherwise.

And that offense with Joey Blue Skies was great wasn't it? Our win/loss record was abysmal even with all of the starters we had that weren't injured. Hell, we went 6-10 with a freaking DPOY on the team *and* Welker in there.

He's a great complement to a good team, he isn't a cornerstone to build a team around. It's not a difficult concept to grasp. That you think Welker is more of the reason NE is undefeated than the HOF (and NFL WR TD record holder) WR Randy Moss coupled with Brady and a great OL, then football isn't your thing.

again thank you as was written his agent tried to get something done in early october but mueller/saban weren't even tallking... too bad becuase who knows what we could have kept him for BEFORE he finished as our leading reciever and was targeted early on by the pats.

WRONG. The Pats offered a poison pill contract that would have cost us 38 million dollars over 5 years. The posts are still on this board if you would like to search for them.

Samson Satelle >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Little wesley Welker

I also question the Welker enthusiasts REASONING to this team after what little Wes said about the fins

What I want to know is who cares? We got 2 draft picks out of the trade. We'll find out in a couple more years if we made out better or not.

Its not like Welker would have had the same success here anyhow, our team is terrible this year and for the last few. At least we got something out of it right?

Everyone wants to blame the management for the trade why don't we blame the person who suggested it to the Pats in the 1st place? Nick Saban is the one who called Belicheck and said "Get Wes Welker you absolutely have to have him he's my best player". We should blame that shmuck because he's the person who put it in his head to make the trade happen.

why not cam did it with ginn this year?

You cant compare Ginn in miami to Welker in NE.
You cant even compare Welker in Miami to Welker in NE..

Man, you guys really dont know anything about this sport do ya!!?? These threads prove that

Samson Satelle >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Little wesley Welker

I also question the Welker enthusiasts loyalty to this team after what little Wes said about the fins

Nah, don't question other people's loyalty. I had that happen to me during the whole Culpepper thing, it isn't right. You can question their reasoning, then I'm 100% behind you because it's silly to think that Wes Welker is the reason we went 1-15.

Nah, don't question other people's loyalty. I had that happen to me during the whole Culpepper thing, it isn't right. You can question their reasoning, then I'm 100% behind you because it's silly to think that Wes Welker is the reason we went 1-15.

Good point

You have no idea what Ginn can turn into. The knock on him being a #1 or #2 was his hands and his weight and durability. His hands were not once an issue this year and he took hits and kept getting up. There's no doubt he can bulk up a bit, but the 2 knocks on him seem to have been put to the side. It was his first year on a terrible team.

On the other side Wes Welker was never more than a #3 on this team and never elevated this offense to anything other than mediocre. He was never and will have never been the player he is now on the Pats if he stayed in Miami. He was never the focal point of the offense.

Ginn is far more than just a punt returner. It takes young WR's 2 or 3 years to develop and reach their potential, be patient. Incase you didn't see it, Ginn was barely used and seriously under utilized, Cam didn't take advantage of Ginn skills. He showed great hands, great speed and a willingness to go over the middle. Give him time.

Id bet my life that Dan Marino would covet a good offensive lineman to save his butt from getting killed everygame than a slot reciever

well i would venture to say satelle isn't dwight stevenson and based on the reading up on him (last years draft mags, etc.)i have done the past few days since i had this discussion before he was no sure thing.

well i would venture to say satelle isn't dwight stevenson and based on the reading up on him (last years draft mags, etc.)i have done the past few days since i had this discussion before he was no sure thing.

if he continues to play the way he did last year then he most definately will be. Why dont you go do some readin on marques colston and then try to formulate how he went from being a 7th round draft pick to an elite NFL WR

Back
Top Bottom