Howard-led Magic crush wobbly Bulls in home opener | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Howard-led Magic crush wobbly Bulls in home opener

BAMAPHIN 22

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
1-2.gif
clear.gif

Magic forward Dwight Howard dominated the Bulls on Wednesday, rolling up 27 points and 11 boards in the club's win.

Orlando Magic coach Brian Hill thought his team had no chance against the Bulls Wednesday night after watching Chicago rout the defending champion Miami Heat to open the season.

"They just drove the ball everywhere they wanted to go," Hill said.

Hill was happy to be wrong.

Dwight Howard had 27 points and 11 rebounds and Jameer Nelson scored 21 points as the Magic surprised the Chicago Bulls 109-94 Wednesday night in Orlando's season opener.

The Bulls beat the Heat by 42 points the night before, but couldn't find their stroke Wednesday. Howard took control, grabbing lobs in the low post on fronting defenders and running the baseline for backdoor dunks.

"Dwight's going to be one of those guys in this league that are going to make it hard, make it tough for anyone who comes into this building to get a win," Bulls center Ben Wallace said of the third-year player.

Ben Gordon flashed a dazzling array of reverse layups, drives and fadeaway jumpers on his way to 24 points that kept Chicago in the game -- barely. Kirk Hinrich had 14 points and four assists and Luol Deng scored 12 for the Bulls.
Grant Hill had 19 points on 5-of-7 shooting and Hedo Turkoglu had 11 points, seven rebounds and six assists.

"This is obviously a real good way for us to start the season against what I think is an excellent basketball team," Brian Hill said.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/basketball/nba/11/01/bulls.magic.ap/index.html

I saw the highlights. This guy was incredible. He completely owned Ben Wallace, the guy who made Shaq struggle tuesday night. Shaq doesn't have that quickness anymore to move like Dwight Howard.

Orlando Magic has a really good team. I beleive they will challenge for a Top 4 seed this season, if they play consistent ball.

Did JJ Redick get any PT?

Back
Top Bottom