Howard Officially Among League’s Best, But Does He Fit In Dolphins’ Long-term Plans? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Howard Officially Among League’s Best, But Does He Fit In Dolphins’ Long-term Plans?

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
This is a pretty stupid question. Of course he fits in their long term plans. the better question, " Can they afford Howard to be part of their long term plans?

sfl-xavien-howard-says-i-believe-i-can-be-a-top-corner-in-the-league-20180524

Xavien Howard wants to be the NFL’s highest-paid corner.
He at the very least deserves to be in the top four.
Howard was named AP All-Pro second-team Friday, recognized for picking off a league-best seven passes in just 12 games.
Howard is also a first-time Pro Bowler, but it remains to be seen if he plays in the game after sitting out the regular season’s final four with a knee injury.
What is not in doubt:
Howard wants to be compensated commensurately with his ability.
He told the Miami Herald on Sunday that he wants to eclipse Josh Norman’s record five-year, $75 million contract.

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article223926995.html

Someone needs to sell tickets. I think that's why we signed Suh

He can’t fit in.

It’s gonna take trading players like this short-term, to build for the long term. Accept reality.

Everyone want to trade away trash and expect gold nuggets in return

Everyone wants to go to heaven, but nobody wants to die

Does anyone possibly think that we can build a young, strong and competitive organization without some pain???

For shi*s sake. This is what pain looks like!!!!!

If you don’t want the medicine, just go around in circles for another 2 decades.

In the meantime, take your injection like a man

I'll blow a damn gasket if we let him walk. Extend him early and make this a player's destination. If you perform, we pay well. Why draft talent and watch them walk when they start hitting their prime all while severely overpaying free agents and mediocre players? FML!

I'll blow a damn gasket if we let him walk. Extend him early and make this a player's destination. If you perform, we pay well. Why draft talent and watch them walk when they start hitting their prime all while severely overpaying free agents and mediocre players? FML!
Uhhhhhhh, how long do you think it will take to build this team into a contender??

And how do you think we get there?

And what will his HUGE contract do to our cap then? And how old will he be??

You either have a long term plan or you don’t. It takes PLANNING, and a strategy. How, in shits sake, does a HUGE X contract fit in a few years from now?

I will tell you what DOES fit in, future high round picks

If he “doesn’t fit into our longterm plans,” it means our longterm plans are determined by **** management destined to continue our run as a longterm **** football team.
And HOW DO YOU PROPOSE we become competitive????

Just by....... waiting???

Hahahaha.....yeesh, where is your strategy?? Endure your pain like a man son

How many lock down corners that are free agents want to come to Miami? This guy won at least 3 games this year by himself with game saving interceptions. He is worth the money and we should make him the highest paid cornerback in the league with incentives.

Can you people imagine letting this guy go and having him sign with the Patriots? We cant make the same mistake we made with Landry, specially because Howard is worth the money.

Uhhhhhhh, how long do you think it will take to build this team into a contender??

And how do you think we get there?

And what will his HUGE contract do to our cap then? And how old will he be??

You either have a long term plan or you don’t. It takes PLANNING, and a strategy. How, in ****s sake, does a HUGE X contract fit in a few years from now?

I will tell you what DOES fit in, future high round picks

I hear what you are saying but dominant cornerbacks are something that teams spend High round draft picks trying to find. We have one and need to have the foresight to pay him without having to break the bank. Don't let it get to the point that it did with Landry and emotions get involved because the player feels slighted. If you structure the contract properly, it doesn't kill you as long as the player performs. Include a lot of incentives and an out after a couple of years so that you can cut and run if the player does not perform.

You talk like this new path is some guarantee

Back
Top Bottom