However gets Owens must give up a 3rd Round pick.......... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

However gets Owens must give up a 3rd Round pick..........

akfinfan

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
Whoever gets Owens must give up a 3rd Round pick..........

49ers | Owens Likely Elsewhere In 2004 - from www.KFFL.com
Mon, 23 Feb 2004 17:29:04 -0800

The Associated Press reports with the San Francisco 49ers' recent action of designating LB Julian Peterson as the team's franchise player, it means 49ers WR Terrell Owens will likely be elsewhere next season because he wasn't labeled with the franchise tag. Owens now can void his contract and the team that signs him will owe San Francisco only a third-round draft pick.

Last edited:
Trade Jay to Oakland for a late third and then sign owens.....just a stretch, but intuitive

Originally posted by chambers84
49ers | Owens Likely Elsewhere In 2004 - from www.KFFL.com
Mon, 23 Feb 2004 17:29:04 -0800

The Associated Press reports with the San Francisco 49ers' recent action of designating LB Julian Peterson as the team's franchise player, it means 49ers WR Terrell Owens will likely be elsewhere next season because he wasn't labeled with the franchise tag. Owens now can void his contract and the team that signs him will owe San Francisco only a third-round draft pick.

How does that work? He's not restricted. If he voids his contract he should be a UFA and SF shouldn't get crap.

Originally posted by chambers84
Trade Jay to Oakland for a late third and then sign owens.....just a stretch, but intuitive

it would to be our original #3

Why does it seem like the acquisition of free agents require compensation? I thought if u were a FA and u signed with another team, the previous team doesnt get jack...

I was surprised to read it myself, but then again kffl.com hasn't blown me away with their updates either. They have made many mistakes just to retract them later.

KFFL is the biggest pile of manure on the Internet.

They are more clueless than Wanny.

I don't want TO not even for a 7th round pick.He's nothing my troble..he's a me, me and more me. He wants a passing team that will trow it to him on every down. Can you guys see this?We don't need that kind of player.

Ozzy rules!!

From Yahoo Sports

With Peterson under the franchise tag, Owens will be free to sign with any team if he chooses to void the final two seasons of his contract next month. The 49ers won't get anything higher than a third-round draft pick as compensation

so he actually has two years left? why would he be listed as an UFA already if he had to buy out the last two years?

Back
Top Bottom